Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

School Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGod, Sep 5, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    This blows. Summer is actually over. For the past few weeks I've been in denial, telling myself "Don't worry, it'll never end." Yet end it has.

Anyone else on TB back to the daily eight to three grind tomorrow?

Graeme :crying:

2. Youre just now going back? Uhh down here, some colleges started like 3 weeks ago and my highschool started two weeks ago.

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'll trade the daily 8 to 3 grind any day over my daily 7 to 5 grind (without months off in the summer either...)

{but I do feel for my kids who go back tomorrow, just put them to bed before 9PM for the first time in since June.}

4. Yup. 7 to 2... But, I get to play bass for the whole school in this thing we are having to greet the new principal.

I have to get up at 6, but I don't go to sleep until midnight. I can't miss Family Guy and Futurama. :p

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, most of the people here on TB go back to the 9-5 grind everyday, with no summers off, for the rest of their lives..........

6. The main thing that sucks is that you don't know anyone in your lunch or your classes. Unless you're lucky... :meh:

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    My kids started two weeks ago. I'll swap your 8am to 3pm for my 9pm to 7am anyday.

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I start tomorrow too and I gotta write some essays..

Eek!

7:45 - 2:45 then football 3 - 5.. bah.

9. I'd trade 7-2, for 9-5 if I got paid. I don't want to sound cocky, but I really want a rig. :p

10. Bastard, I started last week, and in my AP chem class, the homework was on page 125 :eek: last night.

11. I am another who shall be reunited with the routine of 7-2:30 tomorrow. Truly is a sad thing, but after a week or so i'll be set.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm about to cry.

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    HAHAHA my school starts on september 26th :)

14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    College tomorrow. 11am-1pm. Woe is me. :smug:

15. Sorry BG,

20+ veteran of the work force, you will get no sympathy from me.

Not get your ass to bed, it's a school night! :D

16. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    I start Thursday...

but still have to do 2 projects and write a 4 page essay comparing and contrasting Huckleberry Finn and Scarlet Letter. The books have absolutely nothing in common, so when I try to write, all that comes out is ***?

17. Tell me about, man.

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    my college started on the 1st

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  20. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That's uh... almost readable. I think I might be able to pick out an R on there. :smug:

-Ray

Edit: awwwwwwwwww you deleted it.