1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder 610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shoot-r, Feb 24, 2008.

1. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Has anyone played through one yet?

2. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    no.

3. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

:bag:
    According to Jorg they are in production. He tells me mine will ship in two weeks. Black rhino only for now.
    :cool:

4. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

I got a couple of emails from Jorg today. He said the 610's are done and he's just waiting for the grills. Mine should be shipping by Monday. I'll report back after I play through it a bit. :D
    Oh yes and he said he had a customer using one in Vegas with a DB750 Aguilar and he loves it... we'll see.

5. eff-clef

eff-clef Supporting Member

May 6, 2007
    Baltimore,Md.
    How much?

6. Dr Funk

7. Looks like the Bergie NV610 has some competition.
    This should be interesting.

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    it's only 32" tall and no wider or deeper than other similar designs. Thats a lot smaller than I thought it'd be.

9. Dr Funk

That may be a bit presumptuous, but we can hope!
    I am thinking an ultra compact and light UL-610 or D-610 XLT and that's a lot to ask.
    Like smaller lighter deeper and brighter (a reoccurring dream of mine for over 40 years)
    I'll know soon enough. :eyebrow:

10. Dr Funk

I'm hoping it's all good.
    This and a ThunderFunk 750 and I'm good to go... I'm hoping. :cool:

11. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I played through the prototype, it's pretty amazing. You will love it!

12. Dr Funk

other than Jorg to know or share anything about it. My 210212 light flight just wasn't my thing. Jorg said this was a more traditional tight thumping sound and he would send me one to try (stellar customer service). Could you draw any comparisons in sound quality to other known speaker cabs that we can learn from? :confused:

13. Dr Funk

I got an email from Jorg today. It had a fedex tracking number in it. For my new 610 Light.

14. Dr Funk

Interesting... the tracking says 70 pounds. :eyebrow:
    For a 610 could that be, wow?. :eek:

15. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    What didn't you like about it?

16. Dr Funk

Just thought it was way too mid dominant for my tastes. It did sound excellent with big FOH PA support in loud live venues.
    I am on the other hand optimistic about this 610L front loaded with a super tweeter being what I am looking for. I have used Eden for 10 years. Lately I have gravitated to a 210 xlt and a 410 xlt for most gigs. The new Scroeder 610 weighs the same as the 210xlt.

17. eff-clef

eff-clef Supporting Member

May 6, 2007
    Baltimore,Md.
    I just called Schroeder and Jorg said the price would be $1325. Right now they are being made to order with the rino cover with a two week build time.

18. Dr Funk

My 610 arrived today safe and undamaged. Haven't had a moment to really check it out though it looks awesome and is compact and LIGHT. I'll use it on an outdoor gig Saturday and let you know.

19. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Dr.Funk, Let us know how it worked out.

20. Dr Funk

I have an outdoor medium size gig tonight and I've played here many many times. Perfect for a test drive! :bassist: