1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schroeder cab review

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Chef, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Ever since I took up playing double bass, I've had serious problems hearing myself on stage in my blues/jazz band. The band consists of drums, piano, guitar, bass, some horns...While we're not real loud consistantly, we can be at times (aren't dynamics fun!). Double bass has been problematic-Ican swap to slab and hear myself fine, but swap back to upright, and it kind of disappears in my ears, despite turning up, eq'ing, etc.
    I was playing mostly thru an swr super redhead, then bought a mesa 400+ and goliath III 410, thinking more headroom, volume and speakers were the answer. Not very helpful as it turned out. An swr henry 8x8 that I lucked into helped some. I still was not happy though.
    After reading the schroeder megathread in the other bass forum, and talking to Jorg repeatedly about my needs thru email and on the phone, I ordered a Schroeder 410.
    I cannot say how much better this cab is than anything else I've tried. Last night I could hear myself just fine, my bandmates, soundman, and several bass player friends I had in the audience were all similarly impressed. A couple of my bass player buds sat in last set, and were all raves about Jorg's cabinet.
    Jorg-is the man, and he's a pleasure to do business with. You can count me among the ranks of the very pleased Schroeder users:)