1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schroeder Dosen't Suck!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joeybcdt, Jul 25, 2007.

1. joeybcdt

joeybcdt

May 6, 2004
    SE Texas
    Out of all the stuff I've bought over the last 20+ years I'd have to say that I'm the most impressed and satisfied with my Schroeder 1210 cab. I bought this cab about 3 years ago and I still feel the need to "share". Jorg has been very easy and pleasant to deal with. My cab was initially damaged in transit. Jorg made it right. Later I found more damage internally. Again, Jorg made it right. Customer service has been top notch but the real pearl is in the performance. The 1210 sits great with a 5 piece classic rock band. I run a Mesa Walkabout with it and am very pleased. I've also run a GK 700RB and a Sansamp/QSC PLX and both sounded exceptional. It sits perfectly in the mix.

Thanks, Jorg.

2. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    My Schroeder cab never sucked even when I did. I would love to have a monster Schroeder light stack!

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    My only complaint now that i have used my 1210 for over 18 months is that it looks too small on stage.
    Its much better built than my UL212 and i have never had any problems with it other than the covering on one handle cracking.

Money very well spent.

4. JodyLeCompte

JodyLeCompte

Jul 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    People think Schroeders suck?

Seriously?

Wow...

5. I concur. I've had three Schro cabs the last three years (2110, 1212, and a 410) and all of them has in hindsight (what a wonderful thing...) sounded fantastic, especially in a band context. I'm now saving up to buy a 410L or potentially a 21012L. I love my EA CXL 112's but for certain type of gigs I prefer the Schros.

6. JodyLeCompte

JodyLeCompte

Jul 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    The only reason I dont use a Shroeder is becasue I couldnt find the speaker combination I wanted.

But that's all personal preferences. I have a friend who uses the same Eden amp as myself but with a Shroeder 1x12 and the sound is epic.

7. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Schroeder seem to have a VERY high rep on TB, so they obviously don't suck. :) I reckon the logo is horrid though!!!

8. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I must admit i was expecting better when i first got my 1210. After reading the whole of the Schroeder megathread on TB about how great they were i was a little disappointed with the sound but after a few gigs i realised how better it sounded out front and i guess that's what counts. I now rely on it to a point i never worry if i will be heard at gigs when using my 1210/LMII rig.

9. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Dave_bass5, it took me awhile to get used to how my Schroeder (21012L) sounded up-close. The side-firing speaker threw me, but out front, they really sound good.

I'd love me a 1210L next!

- Dave

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Schroeder isn't the flavor of the day on TB anymore and seems to have taken a bit of a drubbing on TB in the past year or so.

I still use mine every time I play. I used it as a solo cab for over a year and it's a great cab. I ended up using my 1212 (now 'regular') in a two cab setup because I needed a little more deep low for my reggae stuff and have been extremely happy as a 'top' cab in my rig.

Its a sledgehammer of a cab.

11. Still my go to cab for nearly every live show I play...

12. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Don't worry about how it looks. Part of the fun is when people hear that huge sound coming from such a small box, and they start looking around for another bigger cabinet, not realizing it's coming from the Schroeder.

13. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I just received my new 1210R yesterday and gig with it this weekend. I was truly surprised at the big sound coming out of this small cabinet. I can already tell at test levels that this thing cuts like a mother...wow.:bassist:

It doesn't need a lot of power to get loud, but when you feed it more, it really opens up sonically. Great cab for a gigging player that doesn't want to haul a lot of gear and still pump out some volume. :cool:

14. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    I've come to really appreciate my Schroeder 1210 + 1010 tower of power after a year and a half of gigging. The 1210 has become a truly dependable standalone box for smaller gigs and the pair will cut through ANYTHING with authority. It took me a little while to get accustomed to the EQ - especially getting a good handle on the lows and mids - and the fact that these cabinets really project sound. It's just a matter of experimenting!

I'm curious - do you guys get better results with the side-firing speaker firing sideways...or firing upwards, with the cabinet tilted into a vertical config. I know there is a lot of science behind the idea of comb filtering and the benefits of a vertical stack vs. a horizontal one. Curious how Schroederites are adapting this philosophy.

Lonnybass

15. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    I love my schroeder 412 L ( LOUD! and cuts thru ) and my bergantino ht322 , love it.... i did blow the 12 in the berg tho. i replaced it with a schro NEO 12 !!! and it OWNS

i shall call it : ( the schrogantino cab. ? ) lol

and madison 410;s

ALL those specific cabs rule.

i want to hear the 210212 r and l schroder tho so bad!!!

i must say jorg schroeder is the coolest guy ... and he is a pro bassist too! so many cab makers dont even play!

16. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Jorg is a very cool guy. I have 3 Schroeders currently- 1210L, 410L, 310212R. All are wonderful. My go-to cab for most gigs is the 410 these days. I only use the 310212 if I have someone with a truck cart it for me (doesn't fit so good in my Metro!), it's for large outdoor gigs only. The 410 handles everything, sounds great with my LMII, and the 1210 is for any gig with limited stage space, though it can definitely handle anything up to a medium-size outdoor venue!

Only other amp/cab I own now is my SWR WM10 with extension speaker. I plan on recovering it in either Duratex or tweed tolex. I rarely use it, usually just for my paddlewheeler gig on occasion, since it is a tiny room.

17. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    yes, i must admit that on stage the sound can be a too middy but i have never had a problem hearing myself because of it. Even my guitarist moans im too loud but when i walk out front at sound check the lows seem to bloom a bit and i have a nicer, smoother sound. Just right for what i play.

18. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I heard it the same way, except I couldn't justify still keeping mine.

19. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Im glad i kept mine. For a while i must admit it was getting on my nerves hearing all that mid, even though i knew it sounded fine out front. The main thing that stopped me getting rid of it was that it fits just right in the car but im glad i still have it.
    I have now gone through three other cabs with my other band (same sort of line up) but i still really look forward to using my 1210 as i find i don't worry about whether i can get loud enough. I know i can. Even my UL212 sounds weak compared to the 1210 and both are 4ohms although i haven't actually tried them both out in the same room.
    Still might sell the UL212 and get a 1212L. quite fancy one of those.

20. I agree, all great cabs and ESPECIALLY made for live gigging. Love tons of power as well. I wish I had your LMII and a 1210L ! I'd keep mine for SURE if I didn't need the money. :(