1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Score! Lighting noob questions

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by PopaWoody, Jan 1, 2012.

1. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    So I lucked out in that my girlfriend/singer has a great connection with a pro lighting guy. He does work for ESPN, so major league experience.

Well the other day he brings us some gear we can use on loaner status. 4 Bad A$$ LED Par lites.

NEW Coemar ParLite LED RGB Silver or Black 12 or 30 | New Lighting - New Stage & Theatrical Lighting Equipment, LED Lighting, Trussing

in addition he threw in a Chauvet DMX controller. A Stage designer 24. Now it is up to me how to figure out all this gear.

The manual absolutely sucks, what I have figured out on my own thus far.

Each LED is set to a unique DMX channel. Each light takes 6 channels to fully control. I can operate each light, strobe and set them to cycle through the LED's internal auto program.

What I need help with is programming scenes and sequences. The manual goes into this in somewhat, however it is very cryptic, and my noobiness is getting kind of frustating.

I would like to have some 1 button or slider setting that would offer strobe all four, chase, or something that we can sequence.

Any help out there Talk bass?

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    you miht have better luck getting some help over here. Lighting