Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scotland's Slap Bassist.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fallon, Jan 16, 2004.

1. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    At last I have a few tunes to offer the very nice people of this respectable board.Surprisingly,after all the prior debates/discussion regarding bass playing,I must
    admit that musical balance or 'the benefit of the whole' prevailed.In other words,very little in the way of technical bass playing was employed in favour of the overall sound.All instrumentation was real,no computer sequencers or indeed any computer related software was utilised over any of the tracks.All tracks were recorded on a Roland gx840 at home using Roland Fantom workstation and the Vigier Passion bass guitar.My friend 'Santa' played drums on two of the tracks;he is a genious behind the kit and felt privileged to meet Vinnie in London at a drum clinic a few years back.
    www.7dd.co.uk/~fallon
    Stay cool and feedback welcome.Scotland's slap bassist,Fallon.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Seeing as you are the only slap bassist in Scotland, this better be impressive. ;) I've got a slow connection, I'll get back to you... in a few weeks.

This belongs in recordings if we are discussing your recordings.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Very out-there stuff...I don't quite know what to think:)

I liked some of it, some of it I'm undecided about, and some of it I wasn't to hot on.

either way it was very unique.

Kind of reminded me los fantomas.

or a twisted version of Shmee(deepbob's stuff)

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well, the only one I managed to download was "Temper."

Not bad, I must say. I thought the production was really well. Everything is layered really nicely, helps add to the Technoy feel. My only gripe with it, the slapping didn't seem to fit. Maybe it was the production, and maybe it's just me. It was just a bunch of high end to me. Very Mark King esque chops, we like Mark King, yes? :)

I'll admit, I didn't give you a fair shake though being exposed to only one song, but with my connection... :meh:

But on the plus side, I've noticed with the "listen to my stuff" threads, if you get at least one person to review it, you tend to get more listeners, so here's hoping huh? :D

I can dig, and it's alright dude, sometimes I lose my temper too. :p

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It always takes one to start it off.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    WR: how did your review get before mine. When I shut down a while ago, no one had posted in here but me.

You're using some kind of mod mumbo jumbo... :ninja:

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have a 2.2mbps cable modem...you don't...that's how.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    No, that's not what I mean. I mean, I wrote my reply and then cruised talkbass a little more, then I came back to check on this thread... no posts. Then I logged off, then I come back and you've replied before me. :confused: I'm not going to think about it anymore. Sorry for thread derailment fallon. If it makes you feel any better, we're keeping it at the top.

9. Hey, Completely new guy here. I didn't know this site existed, But i guess i have found heaven. Everyone here rocks. I've checked out fallon's music. It is definitly a break from the norm, but i could get used to. i like.. good job.:)

10. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Many thanks for taking the time to have a look/listen.Over the weekend,the server was undergoing upgrades so I'm shocked that downloads were possible.I hope to update the site with new tunes as they come along.Incidentally,the track 'Strange Place' was the result of a request by local radio dj Jim Gellatly,of Beat106 for bands to send in Christmas type tunes.He put out the request two weeks in advance of his show,which was aired on Christmas eve.I was privileged to hear Jim play my track...it made my year! 'Temper' was aired in January 5th 2003 on same station by Jim and that really got me interested in the overall sound.I've included the Scottish radio station in my links page and the station is live on the web,but the best show I think is on a Wednesday night(In Scotland)called 'Beatscene'.It gives you a taste of up and coming Scottish talent.That said,thanks again for feedback and as always,stay cool.Fallon.