Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sealed 2x12 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denton57, Mar 8, 2006.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Are there any out there? I want to mate it with a tube head. The only one I know of is the Ampeg Portabass- which Ive read less than stellar reviews for.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Ear Candy cabs come to mind. Do a google search. I love these cabs for most lower volume applications.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have two "Super Wizzy's" made by Steve Azola using two EA Wizzy drivers. It has ports that can be plugged (sort of like the old Trace Elliot cabs), and they do work great with tube heads either with the ports in or out (which somewhat surprised me).

Tom.

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'm picking up my Low Down Sound neo 2x12 / 2x6 next weekend. It is ported, but designed with an old Fender Bassman 100 in mind. Don, the builder, was going to make me port plugs, but never got around to finding material for it. If I can find some supertough acoustic foam, I may try it out.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The discontinued Music Man HD-212's are also ported (and have a midrange driver, but no tweeter), but I find that they work very well with tube heads and they sound killer with a DB 750.

Tom.