1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Searching Fender Precision Lyte Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bestbassboy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bestbassboy

bestbassboy

Jan 5, 2012
    Hey guys - I am searching for this bass, absolutely love it and can't seem to find it anywhere online or instore. Would trade my girlfriend for it even. If you have one for sale or know someone that does, get in touch. Thanks.

2. Redarmynick

Redarmynick

May 3, 2011
    Saw a couple on eBay.

3. Redarmynick

Redarmynick

May 3, 2011
    Grapevine guitar works has one in Dallas. I'm buying one Monday in Seattle. 2 others on eBay.

4. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Theres only a body & bridge from a deluxe on Ebay.
    Il let ya know if i decide to sell mine but im in Oz.

5. Redarmynick

Redarmynick

May 3, 2011
    Just bought one from business trip to Seattle. A little smaller than I thought and jazz pick up has a little noise (might be the back up head I was using though). Looking forward to using it at our next jam. Paid 350 with HSC.

6. atomicdog

atomicdog

Jun 18, 2011
    You see once in a while on eBay for $400 or so. I have a '99 and absolutely love it.

7. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    No your correct.They hum like mad.I havent changed the p/u`s yet but i did want to.I have the same crazy buzzing hum.
    It might be the preamp also.Because of that Double Jazz its hard to get drop ins for this bass.It can be done by getting one the Double jazz p/u`s that are on the AM basses.Changing the preamp would be my first choice.Then you can always get that Deluxe pickup from Fender or stick 2 jazz pickups of your liking together for a humbucker effect.

8. negriljerry

negriljerry

Jan 17, 2008
    Mine doesn't hum at all, never heard about that before. I just bought it, AGAIN. Scored a great deal on it off CL a couple years ago, then went back to traditional Fenders for a while. I was up to 4 basses which makes no real sense for me, so I sold the Hofner B-bass and the Lyte. Then I got a wild hair and gave my Jazz to my luthier pal for a custom refinish (including headstock) which besides being crazy expensive is taking over 4 months with all the cold weather (can't spray lacquer unless it's >70 degrees). Down to one bass, my strange old MIJ P-J which I love, but due to hand & nerve issues I really need to change ax sometimes. Got a severe case of seller's remorse re the P Lyte Deluxe. Went on CL and posted "It's a long shot but..." to see if I could buy it back, at a premium of course. Got lucky, I have it back now. So I sold it for $150 more than I paid, then bought it back for $150 more than I was paid, go figure. Great bass, plays like a dream with flats. I couldn't live with rounds on it, way too modern sounding for what I do. I still love the passive sound and will consider having my guy gut the electronics to redo as passive someday, but way cool as is too - separate bass/mid/treble controls are the bomb.