1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seeking SAN ANTONIO instructor

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Texican, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    I’m looking for an instructor in San Antonio that will help me break through to that ever elusive “next level” so to speak. It’s hard using google because most of the instructors are guitarists that “can also teach bass”. I’m sure they can do a well enough job, but I want someone that truly specializes in bass. Any recommendations? Thanks!

2. This is going to be tough for those in a position to help you, to do so. There’s too much we don’t know.
    • Is your goal to be a shredding Metal-head, or a reading pit orchestra, jazz, and session player?
    • Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced player? Do you know music theory?
    On the one hand, the recommendation would depend on your level and learning goals (“next level” just isn’t specific enough). On the other, few would be willing to refer you to the top pro teachers without knowing whether you are an advanced reading and theory musician.

Texican likes this.
  3. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Contact the music departments at the universities in your area. Ask if there is a bassist graduate student looking to make some spending money. Much better than the guy in the back of the music store.

Texican likes this.