SOLD Serek Midwestern - Novak Bisonic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mellowgerman, Jun 21, 2021.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for sale is my 2019 Serek Midwestern bass with the Novak BS/DS pickup with coil-tap (+$200 option) and a stunning Wenge fretboard (+$50 option) that really pops in the right light. Open-pore, black satin finish and Hipshot lollipop tuners. Normal short-scale at 30.5". Certificate of authenticity and original Allen keys included. Also currently strung with an NOS 1970's set of Maxima flatwound strings, which are unlike any strings available nowadays. If you're not into flatwounds though, I'd be happy to string it with rounds before sending out.
    Cosmetically this bass does have a few dings in its very thin nitro finish from regular use, but nothing that leaves an impression in the wood. Most notable are pictured. Functionally and structurally 100%. One of the best playing basses I have ever come across. It just hardly gets played anymore, since I really like to have a neck pickup in my current band, so my trusty old Starfire and Newport bass get 99% of my attention.
    Will ship in a gigbag but with ample packing materials to ensure a safe transit via UPS, fully insured.
    Price is $2000, plus $100 for CONUS shipping (will happily send you photo of receipt and if it's cheaper I will refund the difference). Paypal preferred. Local pickup in the North Orlando area is fine as well.
    *** It would cost $2550 to order this bass from Serek currently and there is almost a year long wait on new orders.
    Might consider partial trades, but need to end up with at least $1000 cash out of the deal, as I am only selling to fund a pricey restoration of a vintage Gretsch archtop.
    20210606_172724.jpg IMG_20210113_135313_616.jpg 20210606_170836.jpg 20210606_171334.jpg 20210606_172200.jpg 20210606_171536.jpg 20210608_154128.jpg 20210608_154444.jpg IMG_0255.JPG

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. BK bassist

BK bassist Schroeder Cabinets endorsing artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Gorgeous bass! I own a Serek and it's a brilliant player ... GLWTS!!!

mellowgerman likes this.
  3. Awesome. I wish I wasn’t a 5 string guy, because I’d be ALL over this.
    B

mellowgerman likes this.
  4. HotelX

HotelX Supporting Member

Beautiful! Does it have a dummy coil?

5. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Negative. I believe the dummy coil is only for the B90 pickup. As far as I know, there is no dummy coil available for the Novak.

6. Just have to say that this is one of the best combination of colors I've seen in years on a bass. Piece of art! Also with that Acoustic :)

mellowgerman likes this.
  7. kirkplunkett

kirkplunkett

Aug 2, 2018
    Out of curiosity, did you find this on Reverb and do a local transaction? I recently sold my Serek that was pretty much identical to this.... Hard to see the serial number, but I'm fairly certain this is actually my old bass, Serial number 059. I've been missing that one lately.

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    This is the one! I acquired it in a trade through talkbass.

JMoto and kirkplunkett like this.
  9. Thumper02

Thumper02 Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Dallas, TX
    Reunion in the works??

kirkplunkett likes this.
  10. kirkplunkett

kirkplunkett

Aug 2, 2018
    If I had the money, I would certainly buy this one again! Best short scale I've ever played.... And with the coil tap from the Novak DS-BS, you've really got quite a versatile little P Bass of Doom. This is also the only bass that ever made me want to play with a pick.... It nails that Allen Woody feel.

mellowgerman and Thumper02 like this.
  11. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    This one is now SOLD.

Thumper02 likes this.
  12. JMoto

JMoto Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    San Francisco
    So fast! Congrats!

mellowgerman likes this.
  13. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    Congrats on the sale. Super groovy pictures with the tapestry backdrop.

mellowgerman likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021