Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

settings for DOD Bass Grunge pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Schwinn, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Hey all,

I'm about to trade a DOD overdrive pedal for an old DOD Bass Grunge pedal today. Is anyone still using one? What are you settings? I don't have any experience with the unit. I got the DOD overdrive pedal last night and it's not really what I'm after, so I'm going to go back to grab the DOD bass grunge. I want a more in-your-face distortion...

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I don't have any favorite settings to share, but if you're after in your face then the bass grunge is definitely more for you than the dod overdrive

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yeah, I just did the exchange at the local used goods shop. I thought I could just max out the DOD overdrive, but its not enough, I need more aggression.

That Grunge pedal is funny...you can tell it was marketed to 14 year-olds. Even the manual is hilarious to read. "Special California Warning: Turning this knob clockwise may cause seismac disturbances in your neighborhood". :help:

4. There's one at my house somewhere. My brother got it and used it breifly long before I was playing. Turned out his favorite setting was "on a shelf somewhere." :)

5. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Wooo...I like this pedal. I've used it at high volumes with my Carvin and Peavey basses. The controls are really sensitive and you get some dirty heavy distortion without even turning anything more than half-way. This pedal doesn't kill the low end like I've heard others can do.

Way aggressive...just what I was looking for. :bassist: I'm not much into effects, but now my set up can do clean, tube preamp overdrive, or heavy saturated distortion...well...my Ampeg preamp isn't very clean after 4 hours of practice, but who needs clean anyway in good ol' rock n roll!

6. Dr.Death

Dr.Death

Oct 25, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    me

7. smackbass

smackbass

Feb 4, 2008
    Bradford, UK
    Does anyone out there have the user manual for this pedal?
    If so would you be willing to scan and email me a copy.
    I have just had the pedal shipped to the UK from an online dealer in the US, but it never came with the manual. The dealer has another of these pedals advertised for sale complete with instructions but when i asked him if he could email me a copy he said he was too busy! This after i have told all my friends what a great website it is to buy used pedals from!

8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Washington DC
    I ain't got paid to play in months
    I'll check, but it might be stored elsewhere. Do you want the whole manual or is there some specific info someone could post?

9. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I used one for Years before the switch stopped working...as they do. Once you get used the the terms on the pots, setting are Very Easy to figure out. A kindergarden aged child could figure it out. Having a blend makes it a great bass pedal but it's bypass isn't modern. Use a loop.

10. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    i love both of mine!
    they have a unique sound i've not heard anywhere else.

my settings are:
    more 10:00, zip 1:30, and both stupid and juice around noon

mind you i would like to see a manual though. If anyone does find a copy, can i get a PM?

11. drive all the way down, volume accordingly, treble down, bass at noon or so to get the lows back in.

thats with a regular guitar grunge. kind of a weird synthy fuzz. it was cute for about 20 minutes, but i didnt had a use for it