1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shank's Strings -- ETown, PA

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Jason Hollar, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Just wanted to post a big thumbs up to Mike and Linda Shank in Elizabethtown, PA. I recently made the 250 mile trip from Pittsburgh to have my bass set up.

Great shop, killer inventory, expert advice and exceptional service.

Mike planed my graphite fingerboard, fixed a crack on the top, redid the nut, and installed a new sound post. The result is a bigger, fuller sound, and now much easier to play! I also had him install a new a set of Obligatos -- which I'm really enjoying.

Also wanted to brag and let everyone know just how refined my tastes have become in basses...

I spent about an hour in his awesome showroom and managed to briefly try almost every one of his almost 3 dozen basses in stock. I found the one with the biggest sound and a very nice finish and asked him how much...

Looks like I found one of the most expensive basses in the shop -- only $35,000! I told my wife and she said: "Does it have wheels?...Because it better drive your @ss to the gig!"

Kudos again to the Shanks!

2. maxito

maxito Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Yeah, I'll piggy back on this one. Mike and Linda are great! I also drive about two 1/2 hours from Maryland to their place in Elizabethtown, PA. What really impresses me about Mike - after a dozen or so visits, and watching him interact with other clients, too - is that he treats everybody that comes in there with respect and understanding. It doesn't matter if you come in there with an old Kay, a barely dry Chinese eBay bass, an EUB, or a Gagliano - he treats each customer & each bass as though it's the most important project he is working on. I am always confident that a trip to Shank's is well worth the drive.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Been with the Shanks for quite a while now and send everyone that I can.