1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Share Your Christmas Menu

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cronker, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    I'm gonna stick with the classics:

PB & J
    Single Barrel Bourbon

It's just me so I don't need a big spread.

2. We just got back from my wife's side, and my father in law made up some ocean scallops and his unbelievable mind-blowing crab cakes for lunch...mother of god. We are a huge seafood family so this was bliss and unlike any Christmas spread I've had before. No need for dinner tonight.

3. Hoooohhh yeah, sign me up for that!

4. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    Chocolate chip pancakes!

5. Manichga

Manichga

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    We are fascinated by the cold/snowy christmas. Every year we say next year lets go somewhere for a cold weather christmas. One day....... Its hot here today, and will be hotter tomorrow.
    I had to google what 32degrees f is. Its 0 celsius. Ok, thats cold. We get 35 degrees on xmas day. Thats 95 F apparently. Too warm for me.

6. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Ya just gotta have some punkin pie!
    Lobster Races!
    Lobster Races!!
    Lobster Races!!!

sharkbait130 likes this.
  7. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    can't - i'm diabetic and allergic to wheat. some years, i make my own pie, but this year we're taking it easy - i'll have sugar free ice cream while they have their pie :)

ColinLP likes this.
  8. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    My mum is a coeliac too, can be a real pain

Starter smoked salmon terrine (home smoked salmon wrapping prawns cream cheese and other stuff)

Main Turkey, hot smoked ham (currently out in the garden smoking) roast potatoes with rosemary, pork/sage & onion roasted balls, pigs in blankets (home made bacon and sausages wrapped) some veg crap (peas, carrots, mustard roasted parsnips) and gallons of gravy

Dessert, nothing for me, I'll be stuffed but the rest will have Christmas pudding and brandy sauce

cronker and Fishheadjoe like this.
  9. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    your poor mom - lucky for me i'm not celiac, just allergic to wheat. i can eat things like spelt, rye and other stuff like that. to complicate my life, i'm a vegetarian :D

your menu sounds delish!

ColinLP likes this.
  10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    It's just my wife and I this year, as she has to work both today and Monday and our families are hundreds of miles away. So we decided to go nontraditional: Salad, and lasagne with (some spicy) sausage. A beer for me and a hard cider for her. Not completely sure about dessert, but if nothing else, we have four kinds of cookie dough that she made up last week.:D

pedroims, cronker and 47th Street like this.
  11. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Christmas Eve is our time with Family here in GA...We've spent Christmas Eve with our son and his girls for the last 3 or 4 years...then they pack up the sleigh and head off to our daughter in law's parents for Christmas dinner.
    We're going seafood this year!
    They'll get the turkey an dressing tomorrow...tonight it's shrimp, scallops, oysters, and baked talapia!
    We've made a killer potato salad, broccoli salad, and these pieces of celery stuffed with cream cheese that holds the olives and sweet peppers in place...one of my wife's family's Christmas traditions.

Christmas morning, we feast on Pork Pie...another Canadian/ New England tradition.
    We weren't here for Thanksgiving this year...and that kind of lends a l'il extra measure of Profound to the time spent together.

Next year the Whole clan will gather up...
    We're calling this year 'The calm before the storm'!

Happy Holiday-Of-Your-Choice to you all!

(We're planning our Chrismukkah
    menu for Monday night as we speak!)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    GregC likes this.
  12. Something is missing in all of these posts. I have not seen any times or addresses.

GregC, 47th Street and sissy kathy like this.
  13. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    I hope they're not going to eat that pig after washing it in there! I know how bad my arse gets after a few beers and a curry! Eeeeewwwwww!

47th Street and Jeff Scott like this.
  14. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, cole slaw, ambrosia, home made buns, assorted cooked & raw veggies.

15. lots of pork

DRqKn31ST3ktWdoafB9g8P7skRgvPUrA7gyeynSFoc0wq7k4WyFHNtLBORaNCHE-cwLv7c6ytzBUeAsL0=w1800-h1012-no.

JRA and zontar like this.
  16. Okay we had
    Starters:
    tamales pork and chicken and beef empanadas
    finger sandwiches platter of 36, 12ea. Roast beef, Turkey, Ham
    Vegetable platter assort. raw veg. with dipping sauces
    assorted quiche

Main:
    3 Roasted Chickens
    2 trays homemade Lasagna
    Coleslaw, Marconi salad and potato salad
    red and white wine

Dessert: Tiramisu, Italian cookies, Italian cream cake.
    Sparkling Moscato

17. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Christmas is always interesting for me, since my wife is Jewish. Christmas Eve was also the first day of Chanukah, so there went the "seven fishes" thing, since we always had lobster as part of it. We had latkes with Caviar and sour cream or home made apple sauce, weiner schnitzel, and some other goodies, including lots of home made desserts.

Christmas Day we had the traditional Jewish Christmas feast - take out Chinese.

New Years is our big feast. We visit with our former secretary, who is also a great friend. She makes a southern feast, including a huge roast chicken or turkey, collard and other greens, black eyed peas, whipped potatoes, and my wife makes a huge prime rib. The husbands get to sit back and enjoy the good natured competition as to who is the better chef.

47th Street and Jeff Scott like this.
  18. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Our Christmas Eve Dinner for 12;
    Deviled eggs
    Red & Green corn tortilla chips & home made salsa
    Roasted Turkey
    Mashed Potatoes & gravy
    Mexican creamed corn
    Buttered Brussel Sprouts w/bacon
    Creamed Spinach
    Mixed greens salad w/sweet balsamic vinegrette
    Cheese & Jalapeno Tamales
    Home made pecan pralines

Christmas day we had leftovers and it was twice as good

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    JRA likes this.
  19. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

we had a wonderful holiday, but not our usual as my great-cook spouse is hampered by pre-holiday surgery, but my real reason for posting: what wonderful/appetizing dishes you folks have served up! very impressive!

and i think some of you are gourmets, to say the least! hope you all have a happy new year!

saltydude , i hope the doritos worked out for you! :thumbsup:

47th Street likes this.