Share your Zoom MS60B patches here

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Aug 1, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    So, you have some patches, share them here please. I think a lot of folks would get into this thread. So upon suggestion, here it is! Share away all.

2. Using a P style bass fingers mostly this seems to be my regular un effected tone GMS: Acoustic amp model Bass-1 or 0, mid 2, treble 0, midfreq 630hz, gain 50, level 98, bright off, cab ag8x10, mix 27.

3. This ones called FuzzPhase: position 1, Bass Muff, gain 67, tone 80, level 56, mode bsbst, balance 50, position 2, splitter, hi 60, lo 20, freq160hz, level 50, Position 3, Phaser, rate 14, color stg, level 70.

4. GMS Polly: the GMS amp setting posted above with the level at 92, followed by the Z-SYN: Wave saw, decay 70, tone 6, freq 2, range 9, reso 20, synth 100, dry 30, level 46, Last is the HD Hall: PreD 1, decay 20, mix 50, loDMP 32, HiDMP 70, Tail off.

5. Epidrake

Epidrake

May 24, 2011
    Now that a bunch of us have them, how about some patch ideas?

6. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I thought I had seem another thread on TB before with the same category but thought this one may take off because more people have them and have some time with them maybe. I can't wait to get home and try some of the ones above.

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Here's my patch idea for the zoom ms-60b. this patch duplicates the warm distortion sounds of an ebs metaldrive.

Modern bass distortion

Effects 1: znr: thresh: 18, detect: grnlft, level: 90

Effects 2: m comp: thresh:24, ratio:9, level:70, attack:5

Effects 3: metalwrld: gain:40, tone:18, level:100, balance:18

Effects 4: svt: bass:3, mid:2, treble:2, midfq:400hz, gain:45, level:59, ultra:low, cab:ag8x10, mix:59

8. I'll ad more next week, in case anyone is interested, I subscribed to this thread. I have a few light to medium overdrive patches I'm still tweaking, nothing like you're settings "Crystalman" , I tried em & mine are tame in comparison.

9. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    I tried to set this one up the other day, but the mx-60b doesn't have the t-scream algorithm and I couldn't find anything that did overdrive well instead of crunch.

10. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I went to the zoom website and looked at the list of effects on the zoom ms-60b. I had no idea that the tube screamer model was not included. also I was unaware that the effects, amp and cab models on the zoom ms-60b was limited compared to the zoom b3. it seem to be a more simplified version of the zoom b3. perhaps the xotic bass bb preamp model would work out. the overdrive on that preamp model sounds pretty close to the tube screamer model. give that a try and see how it sounds. once again, I was unaware that the effects, amp and cab models on the zoom ms-60b were limited.

11. Shardik

Shardik

May 24, 2011
    Halden, Norway
    Looks like the B3 has 111 effects to choose from while the MS-60B has 58.

I still prefer the compact format of the MS60B when I combine with other pedals anyway. And I already have a TS-clone. ;)

In the MS60B I use the Bass OD or the BassDrive pre sims for the same purpose as the TS.

12. Shardik

Shardik

May 24, 2011
    Halden, Norway
    Here is a patch I call "Muff pad". It's a result of me trying to transfer sounds from my old pedal board to the MS60B.
    If you try it, tell me what you think. It is more a sound for the long, deep, fleeting tones than for a rhythm.

Muff pad:
    1) Bass Muff, Gain 78, Tone 30, Level 20, Mode BsBST, Bal 100.
    2) Phaser, Rate 9, Color 4 STG, Level 100.
    3) StompDly, E.LVL 11, F.B 85, Time 500, Sync OFF, Mode MONO, Tail ON, HiDMP 3.
    4) HD Hall, PreD 80, Decay 80, Mix 48, LoDMP 68, HiDMP 29, Tail ON.

NB: Use either 3) StompDly or 4) HD Hall, but both at the same time may become too much. Other than that, experiment with switching the different pedals on and off for different combos.

13. I'm still tweaking my everyday all day type of clean bass tone, so many options make it hard for a chronic knob tweaker like myself. The two I've settled on this week are the SVT with high level & low gain & the sansamp with a para eq before & the 10 band eq after to bring back mids, cant decide which I prefer. Tonight I'll record with the boys & see which works in a mix better. I've been using the crane "effects chain" tool a lot to move effects in a given chain around with good results.

14. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Cool suggestions ! When I get more familiar with it, I'll try to post something useful.

15. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Jan 8, 2011
    I haven't figured out how to do this yet--could you explain?

16. From the screen with an effect, amp, eq etc. visible, press the left black button in, then scroll down one to select "effect chain", then press that left button in to select it. Then place the magnet icon over whatever effect you want to move pick it up & drop it down in whatever position you want.

17. Patch request:
    Has anyone come up with a good version of the effects used on "For Love of Money" with and without the reverb? I have given it a go but I seem to not be able to get the phase shifter right.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021