1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shergold modulator bass - what is it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RickTang, Mar 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RickTang

RickTang

Aug 7, 2017
    Hi all.
    I've had this Shergold Modulator bass for a while now. I know this series had interchangeable electronics to customise the sound but wondered what for? I haven't been able to work it out from the model I have and there is not enough posted online with regards to it.
    The image is upside down (sorry) but the extra switches can be seen in the top left.
    Also there is no serial number anywhere to be seen, not sure if the shaller machine heads have been moved down too far to allow for a drop tuning adjustment that you can't see it.

Attached Files:

EpicSoundtracks likes this.
  2. northerngitbass

northerngitbass

Feb 25, 2008
    London
    Serial number should be stamped onto a metal plate screwed to back of headstock, at the top end ON AN ORIGINAL FACTORY BUILT. You MAY have got a bass assembled from NOS parts sold after the business closed in 1992. Want to sell it? I have 3 other Shergolds and might be interested...?

Cheers,

Steve

3. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    nice bass! :)

however, I'm not sure i understand the question... do you mean, why change the sound? or what were the options?

Just to check you've seen the info on the fan site:

Shergold Guitars - Modulator Modules

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I dunno. But I DIG that thing. It's like that Wal bass cousin that grew up in a bad neighborhood and joined a gang at age twelve...… in a good way. :bassist:

5. MatteKudasai82

MatteKudasai82

Mar 9, 2021
    Oh man, whoever had that before you butchered the poor thing...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021