1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

She's Classy - Lots of pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eutgard, Sep 23, 2008.

1. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Hey Eutgard,
    I don't remember seeing a Soo Bass shop/dealer or bass for sale at Nagwon. Is his shop nearby?
    Kamsamnida

2. oh god that's beautiful

3. His shop is in Wonju, small city 50 miles from Seoul which is capital of South Korea.

You can't find his bass in Nak-Won (means paradise) mall.

I've urged him to make homepage, but he is too busy to make oredered basses...

His basses are around USD 2000 range, and my love for one pickup bass doesn't help either.:meh:

BTW, I've bought beautiful used OW Ibanez ATK RM from Japan!

She will be delivered to me within a few weeks :hyper:

aaa.

4. Those sound clips really get my GAS going... The pictures don't help either.

I wonder, does he build a 5 string or just 4 strings?

Christian

5. Octoberpunk

Octoberpunk

Jan 17, 2008
    I have same question as christian.. does he build 5+ strings?

6. boriology101

boriology101

Feb 19, 2008
    OREGON
    Oh yeah, I am another member of basskorea that eutgard and the founder of Soo bass are from. I haven't tried them yet but according to some reviews written in Korean, his basses are as just fine as other high-end basses we see in here. Their preamps are originally developed and are handwired (this is what I am very curious about how they would sound like...)

About the bass, one thing very impressed to me is that they put the name of the owner of the instrument at the back of neck head so it feels like the instruemts are more like personal.

The builder, Mr Kim ,seems to be very humble but very experienced. He is also kind to talk to. I bet he speaks at least marginal level of English or there is a someone in his shop can speak in English. However, though I have no relationship with him at any type of, I can definitely do some volunteer works for language interpretation things if you guys want to place an order from him. Let me know :D

7. Currently, he's making a non-J style 5 string bass.

I think 5 str J will be possible.

8. You don't happen to have pictures of the non-J 5, do you? I would really like to see that.

9. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    and the workmanship is simply stunning. What sort of price are they? The wiring is absolutely immaculate as well (ever looked in the cavity of a Kinal? :spit:). He should get a website up immediately and will be the next Sadowski, :D {sic} (I know I know), only he actually MAKES the stuff.

:bag:

Korean society is absolutely amazing; they are on such a technological roll. Have you checked out the new Hyundai's lately? One of the most gorgeous cars on the road now - simply stunning. When I see a new Beemer, I usually go 'yuch'; a new Honda, yawn... a new Hyundai, I do a double take and crank my head to see what that was.

& Samsung, Gim-bop, Kimchee...:hyper:

Cheers,
    Cameron

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, that really is classy! I dig the top, flamed maple is my absolute favourite topwood alongside Zebrano!

11. That's and incredible looking bass. Sound clips please!

12. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008
    In a word, Sweeeeet. Does she sound as good as she looks? Is Soo a Korea only bass? Or have I just fallen behind?

13. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008
    The Sonata is one of the nicest looking cars on the road, and a great value. I'd love to hold a Soo from what I see here, real impressive job on the electronics (and I'm an engineer) Beauty isn't only skin deep.

14. pmgleenis

pmgleenis Banned

Apr 30, 2009
    Gorgeous bass!!;)