Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i get it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by digidealaybb404, Mar 12, 2005.

1. :D :D i was at guitar center today, for like 3 and a half hours(i guess my parents forgot me or something) and playing the mike dirnt i planned on getting becausei thought about it and an american is just to **** good for me. so i am playing and i look up to see a spector euro neck thru for 800 dollars. and i am amazed because the cheapest i have seen before was 1,500 dollars. and i was thinking my dad loved it but should i get it.ohh yeah emg pickups p/j,blue burst finish :D :D

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'd say get it. European spectors have had a ton of good reviews.

3. bump

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    How many strings, and what color? Also, do you know the model number for it?

5. 4 string, blue black. it seems more like a blue burst to me but they call it blue black. model is NS4CRFM according to basscentral

6. bump

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If a MIA fender is too **** good for you, a euro spector is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too **** good for you. :confused:

8. it may be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too **** good, but im reconing his thinking is its cheap :p

9. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I dont know about that I think an American Fender will blow away a Euro Spector anyday

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ..lol. wild guess, you own a MIA fender..and..have never played a Euro Spector, OR, have played maybe one but it was in a music store and wasnt even set up properly, perhaps not even played through a quality amp? ahyes.

11. is just another matter of taste..

12. well the thing about this euro spector is that it is on clearence for 800 dollars.which is obviasly cheaper than the mia fenders

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is it new or used? Used euro specs usually go for about that. If it is new old stock on clearence, good deal.

14. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I honestly think you can't go wrong with either, and that they are both good value basses. $800 for a Czech Spector is good (I saw the same model, color, etc. for that price here in New Orleans), and that bass will serve you well. I've also been impressed with the Mike Dirnt sig. bass. Nice features and neck with some mighty good looks. That being said, they are so different in tone and looks, you really have to decide on what you like. My tenant (a pro bass player) and I can agree that we like both those basses, but Fenders suit him and Spectors suit me. It is really a function of tone, the music you play, and what you want the bass to do for you. Overall, you are not going to go wrong with either bass from a value standpoint!

15. Those were on clearance months ago at GC for around $639. Try to talk them down.

16. I'd wait a while to figure out if that's the type of bass you want. A Mike Dirnt and a Spector are two very different animals. For some reason, basses on clearance at my GC tend to stick around for a while, so you should probably have time to figure out what direction you want to go in.

In other words, if you' were jonesing for a Fender, you should probably get the the Fender, regardless of the value you see in the Spector.

What does a Mike Dirnt go for, anyway?

17. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Actual at the time I was in the market for my new bass I had narrowed it down to a Musicman Sterling or a Euro Spector. When it was finnaly time for me to buy I was at the music stoor tried both out and was still unsure of what to get and then the guy at the stoor brought me over a Fender MIA deluxe Jazz and I thought that it put both of those basses to shame.