Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I, o should I?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, I've kept this GAS to myself, but now I have to share it. I want a Tobias Toby Pro 5er, I've played it, it was the nicest bass I've ever played(apart from my thumb) it sounded incredibly punchy and fat, and basically, I want it as my gigging bass....what d'ya reckon? Here is the page with the specs on it(and it's also the place I'll be getting it from ,if i do) http://www.academyofsound.com/aosdevshop/pages/shop_description.asp?productID=244

:hyper:

2. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    So do you want:

1) A Toby 5?
    2) your Rockbass 'personalised'?
    3) to get an amp to help you growl?
    4) a Warwick Vampyre?
    5) anything else? :confused:

We all have G.A.S. but most of us know what we want the most and don't change our mind constantly.... :meh:

No disrespect Nick, but it's hard to take you seriously and offer help or advice when you don't seem to know your arse from your elbow....let alone know your own mind! :help: :rollno: :eyebrow: :confused: :rolleyes:

3. LOL, I know, I confuse myself...but I've always liked Tobias, ever since I set eyes upon one, and when I played one, well I fell in love, but the problem was, my Spector had arrived the night before I played the Tobias, so I had no money. In all realisticness, the other options are too expensive pointless, whereas a 5 string I really like isn't. What I want to know is, are they very good? As in, will it fall to bits? It felt solid, but you can never tell, so I'm after advice, not a flaming, so please help anyone who can.

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    GAS changes. It happens to me all the time. I've gone from wanting a Rick 4001, a Spector Legend, an Epiphone Rock Bass, a Brice 5 string, and Ibanez ATK all in this past week. Just keep focussed on what you need. I don't think you need anymore basses. You really should focus on getting a good amp if you're going to gig. You already have a 5 string, so there is no real point to another. I need another cab and some pedals to the point where I'm putting off any more bass purchases until I get what I need.

5. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I think you should save your money. Take a deep breath and walk away. Cause sooner or later it's going to bite back.

You've got enough basses for now. If you have to spend some money, buy some instructional stuff.

6. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Well said.... time for a good valve / pre-amp valved or valve modelling amp Nick! :)

7. But I don't like my 5er. I liek tobiasssssssss

8. screwball

screwball

Jul 25, 2004
    Manchester UK
    If you don't like it then sell it.

You need a new amp, that's your first priority. You wont get good tone without a good amp, any new bass will NOT sound half as good as it could if you've got a POS amp.

9. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Me too..... :rollno:

Here we go again... :help:

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    After this post, I'm through with this thread

He is trying to sell the 5.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Blasphemy! :D

12. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Is it my bad eyes and a bad picture? I see 5 tuners and four strings. Must be my eyes.

13. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    What happened to that thread where you hit your dad for touching your bass Nick?

That was really dumb.

14. Stuff the amp, my amp works fine, sound good, and does its job......I just want to know about the Tobias, nothing more. Thankyou.

15. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    You don't even have the skill yet to justify the basses you do have!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start thinking more about scales and ear training and less about basses.

It's obvious your dad loves you very much and wants to see you succeed in your endeavor. Don't take advantage of his love/generosity.

16. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Anyone can say they have basses... Anyone can grab a Random pick and say "here's a Pick of my Bass" And anyone can get some guy standing next to his bass and say "Look, Thats me and my bass"

:meh:

17. If you don't think I have the basses I say I have, fine. I can't prove it anymore than I already have. Short of meeting with one of the peeps off this forum, I'm never gonna be able to prove it. And I need a new 5er, I hate the Rebop, I'm gonna sell it....now, I want to know if these Tobiases are good or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.