should the long hair go?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by furiously funky, Mar 24, 2004.

1. cut it

16 vote(s)
  2. keep it

18 vote(s)
  1. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    im thinking of cutting my long hair. ive had it for years, but its a hassle, i dont know if i will get rid of it or not. i have a hair app. for friday, it could be a trim, or a cut. i dont know yet.
    please help me make the right choice! the pic in my avatar is of about a year ago, and my hair goes down well past my shoulders.
  2. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    No way. Keep it.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think ya should cut it back to about shoulder length.
  4. awww...chop it off you damn dirty hippie :D

Seriously though, I've tried growing it back after cutting it off, and I like it better short. It's easier, it's more 'ME,' and attracts no undue attention.
  5. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    oh yah and it is almost always back, so no one seems to mind it (work, old people) they seem fine with it. So other peoples reactions are a non issue.
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You're in a Eddie Haskell said to Wally Cleaver, "Get with it kid!"

7. if you feel you need to cut your hair, do it. my long hair is me, so thats how it's staying.
  8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Keep the hair.

Cut the hair = 5 minutes.
    Grow it out = 3 years.

Chicks dig long hair.

Get a trim if you need it.
  9. Don't cut it.

Get it trimmed.

Just have maybe an inch cut off.

That's what I should have done. So I am starting of from square one. Although it has been a few months since I had no hair what so ever.
  10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I had my hair long, pretty close to my shoulders, then I cut it. I really hated it short. So I cut it even shorter cause it grew in really strange and it was bothering me to no end. My hair is now a comfortable 3 inchs.

I have great hair so I've been told by many girls. It is my only ego.
  11. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
  12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    I just cut my hair off.

Only been growing it for a year or so, but NOBODY recognizes me. I've had girls that I've known for 6 months sit and stare at me for 5 minutes trying to figure out who I am--not as though its a bad thing :D.

Here's a few pics--one taken January 24th and the other taken about 5 minutes ago.

As you can see, it's been a rough day :meh:
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  14. I remember when my hair used to be long (well a bit longer than Figjam's) and when I cut it off I could actually move my head...felt like I was free ^^
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    as a guy that really thought his mullet looked pretty cool years ago......

Dude, delete/burn the photos and cut that thing :eek:

:cool: I buzzed my head for a long while after the mullet days... my girl made me grow a ponytail. So now I walk around with it back always in the typical hippy/biker style just about to the center of my back.

furiously funky: if your ready cut it... it's only hair.
  16. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    A personal point of view: I used to have long hair (middle of back) when I was in my late teens / early twenties. Anyway, I chopped it off and now have the standard short / messy Kyan from Queer Eye hair.

I chopped my hair to get a job (not a specific job but there is not a snowflakes chance in hell of a law firm hiring you with long hair). Anyway, I learned very soon afterwards that long hair is viewed very unfavorably by 95% of the female population.

I never received so many compliments and propositions in my life from girls. Not only that but with a few more years of experience under my belt I can say for sure that long hair is almost never a good look on a guy. Sure if you are a professional metal musican you can get away with it - but it does not mean you look good.

In summary - chop it - you will not look back. I can't name a single good looking guy with long hair! :)
  17. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Muahaha , never! It actually doesnt look that bad when i take care of it.

given that is slighlty old pic, its a lil bigger now but its not too bad...
  18. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
  19. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Fabio is pretty popular with the ladies. ;)