Show Me Your Thunderbird Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FenderHotRod, Jun 21, 2005.

1. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    With all the Show me your (you name it bass here). I haven't seen one for a Thunderbird. I hope this can be is popular as the P and J ones, but I don't think it will happen. :D

Here is my epiphone Thunderbird
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    T Birds just scream Rock n Roll! :bassist:
  3. Did someone say... Shavo Odadjian!? lmao.

(from System of a Down.)

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    right and many 80s hair bands
  5. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002

T-Bird and Ashdown Rig....
  6. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm in the middle of making a T-Bird. I'l post pics when it's done..
  7. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas about Allen Woody?????
  8. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Man that is a killer set up you have there Th9nker.
  9. You can't forget Niki Sixx (Motley Crue)
  10. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Why does everyone go for sunburst on T-Birds? I love the look of the vintage white..
  11. FenderStripes

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh my goodness...I would kill for a classic white Gibson T-bird. I've never seen any pictures of it, catalogs; nothin! :( Anybody have one?
  12. I'm just curious to know what the quality of the new epiphone thundebirds is like. I haven't heard too many good things about them (everyone seems to suggest that the pickups need replacement).
  13. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    One I built for a guy...
  14. wow that looks amazing man, you are so talanted but you dont need me to tell you that
  15. aquateen

Apr 14, 2005

musician's friend listed white as a color option in their latest catalog but no pics. I don't remember if it was the new studio tbird or the IV
  16. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Here you go -this is my '02:

17. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My '76 Bicentennial bird. I've had it since it was new.

18. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    My Greco 1989 TB-1100 (64 Thunderbird Clone)

19. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    gah...the bass I most GAS for! I will rob you all in your sleep just to get my hands on a sweet sweet thunderbird
  20. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Sometimes it's the only option ya have. When I bought mine it has been the only one I have ever seen in a store around here. I don't think Epi. makes any other color except for the goth thing.
    I really like that white one. :)

The neck plat on back says Hand Crafted in Korea, and set up in the USA. Mine has a little buzz on the G string I could stop it if I raised the action, but I like where it is right now. IMO the pickups are great/Good I like to roll back the neck pickup some and keep the bridge pick up full. I get a kind of hollow body sound. It also gives it a nice growl. I think the pickups are also more mid range on the Epi. T-Bird.
    For less than a MIM Fender Jazz(which I think i might get for my next bass :D) it down right rocks