Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SHOW YOUR PEAVEYS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by travatron4000, Aug 25, 2005.

1. travatron4000

travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Here's my Fury II

Attached Files:

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Here are two of mine, my Foundation and my Cirrus. I have a T-40, but no pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Jeff, enough of the Cirrus already. :scowl: Serious gas.

I gotta get pics taken of my recently acquired T40. I might get em up yet tonight.

4. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Here's my TL-Five. I bought it new in 1987.

[​IMG]

Here's another view in group shot:

[​IMG]

5. embellisher

You want me to stop?:D

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Whats that on the right?

7. Mr_Soup

Mr_Soup

Jul 14, 2005
    New Orleans
    Looks like a Schecter to me...

8. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Nah, post em whenever you want. I long ago saved pics of that thing into my Bass Pics file on my computer. So, whenever I open that folder, I see it anyway. Along with Ritters, Roscoes, F Basses, etc.

I just gotta give ya some grief once in awhile, because you own it and I don't. ;)

9. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Our worship pastor has one that he put a MM Basslines pickup in. Only one knob: volume. That thing still sounds amazing. Geesh. I almost want to buy it off of him. It's so clear and defined. Great neck too. At least for me anyhow.

10. I also have an old Fury that I've modded to death. It has a fretless purplehart board and customized electronics. It has a good sound and the neck is VERY awesome, but I may replace it shortly. Looking to build a Warmoth w/24-fret fretless ebony board.

Anyways, I'll post some pictures of it once I get it back. I'm letting a friend borrow it and she's having a hard time letting go!

By the way, I've gotten much more compliments on my playing since I took the "Peavey" off of the headstock. Something about that name turns a lot of people off apparantly.

11. embellisher

I'll trade it for a Roscoe!;)

12. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has been a great player for me. It sounds good and it's really light. Does anyone else here have a Unity Series Peavey? I think it was part of the Dyna Bass Series in the early nineties.

Chad

Oh yeah, I'll trade it for a Roscoe! :p

13. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    So would I. :D

Don't get me started on my Roscoe gas. :rolleyes:

14. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Mr Soup is correct it's a Schecter, the Stiletto Sudio 5 fretless.

15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Chad, the Unity Series is goregeous. That TL-5 reminds me a lot of my '87 Dyna-Bass 5. Same electronics, same body size more or less. I hate gold hardware, but someone at Peavy thinks it's the greatest stuff on earth for their more expensive instruments. IMO it makes a bass look cheap. My Dyna 5 had black.

Within the last month I've replaced much of the hardware on my Palaedium. The tuners and knobs are now black, and the Badass II has been sent off to fellow TB'er Nick Gann. The new bridge is a chrome "Smith IV". I hope to post pics soon. In the meantime here are some pics of my Peavey Palaedium.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the bass I'm using in my new rock and roll band Not Dead Yet. It has incredible tone (though pretty much anything does through my '67 blackface Fender Bassman and Eden D210 cabinet) , the neck is slimmer than an Ibanez Soundgear and unbelievably fast. I almost sold it a couple years ago but ended up selling my custom jazz bass instead. I'm glad I kept this one. It's not as upscale or high quality as the custom, but the sound really suits me well and the feel is amazing - the thing practically plays itself.

16. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Here`s mine.
    Bought it used 2 years ago and still enjoy it
    as the first day I received it

[​IMG]

17. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Here's a pic of my mint condition T-40. Bought it from our soundguy, who had it sitting in its case for years. He bought it years ago, thinking he was gonna start playing bass, and he never really took much interest in it. So, I now have it. Actually a pretty cool bass.

18. This thread is SOOOO eViL... I've been GASing for a Cirrus serisously bad lately.

I'm actually making a guest appearnece with my bass on this one.

[​IMG]

~Ryan

19. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
  20. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO