Show your Warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    So I just bought a new bass (arrives tomorrow :hyper: ) but I still am looking towards the future when I plan to build a super-jazz Sadowsky rip-off from Warmoth parts.

I priced it all out, and everything will cost about $1250. That's for a 5 string, with a bound and blocked neck. Finishes applied by Warmoth. Sadowsky humcancelling w/ VTC. I would just have to assemble and do electronics.

So show your Warmoth! Also say a little about it: did you build it, or have a luthier assemble for you?
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Well, I've posted these before, but I think they're worth another look...

First the fretless - Warmoth swamp ash body with quilt maple top (Emerald dye finish), Status graphite lined fretless neck, EMG Js, BA II, Schallers.

Fretless sound clip here

Then the fretted - Warmoth Dinky J alder body with quilt maple top (Turquoise dye finish), Status graphite neck, Nordstrand NJ4SEs, J-Retro, BA II, Schallers.

Definitely the nicest basses I've owned. I really must get round to taking some better pics, these don't really do either of them justice. Assembled by me with some help from a friend. Setup also by yours truly, very happy with both basses.
  3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
  4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    This one was originally built and wired by me. EMG-J pickups, no preamp, Wenge neck.

Then I sent it to Nino Valenti and had him swap the neck, install Nordstrand pickups with an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp, and change the hardware to black:

It's killer now.
  5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I have several completed, and a couple more in the works ...

This one has a set of Sadowsky hum cancelling J's, but is about to be refit with a set of Aero singles. 18v U Retro Deluxe pre.

Loaded with Nordstrand NJ4SE and MM4.4 with a tap switch on the MM. 18v U Retro Deluxe pre.

Currently loaded with a Villex P/J set (with mid control) and an 18v Bart NTMB

Waiting for electronics

waiting for electronics ... but it will be a passive set-up with a Nordstrand NP-4

All the best,

6. bwbass

May 6, 2002

The vintage-looking one with the wenge/ebony neck is mine, the other one is the "shop" tremolo bass.
  7. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
  8. Here's my (mostly) Warmoth. The only things that aren't directly Warmoth are the Bartolini pickup and preamp and the body. Everything else came from Warmoth. Well, except for the 9-volt battery. :smug:

9. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That is one beautiful jazz you've got there. :smug:
  10. What exactly is a Warmoth? Cause call me crazy, but when I look at these pics I see modified Fenders. I never heard of the company untill this forum, so I'm basically clueless. They look ssweeet though, I love AJBrowns paintjob. That IS killer.
  11. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Warmoth is a company that sells guitar and bass components. Some people buy them to replace parts of their existing Fenders, others buy them to assemble their own instrument.
  12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Here are my "Warmoth's"

Here's one I sold and miss dearly. :(
  13. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    A 4-string Solid White Korina with a Modulus Neck - 2000
    A 5-String Solid Mahogony Gecko Prototype with a Maple Neck and board.
  14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    here's mine, Pbass body and maple neck, ebony fingerboard Jbass width.

15. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

here's one i built a couple of years ago ...

zebra top
    koa body
    dark koa neck w/ pau ferro fretboard
    passive Bartolini pick ups
    black Schaller hardware

plays and sounds like a dream come true ...

i do love it !!

Attached Files:

16. DaveDeVille

body shot , and matching headstock ...

Attached Files:

17. DaveDeVille

neck pocket , copper shielding in cavity .

Attached Files:

18. Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    Just the neck is from Warmoth.

19. Here's one of them (I have three):

Black korina body, maple neck with ebony fingerboard, and Basslines APJ-1 pickups

It's a great instrument, the best 4 string I've ever owned. :)