1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

show your Warwick double bucks! $$ !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Triclops, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    If all goes well, I will be the proud owner of 5 string in black stain at the end of the month, So anybody else have any?
    I wanna see em!:hyper:

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Nobody eh?....I guess I'll be one of the select few to own one of these amazing basses! I used to own a RBV and hated the way it felt, but absolutely LOVED the coil tapping abillity, so when the double buck was released, it married the best of both worlds for me! THANK YOU GREAT CREATOR !!!!

3. Hey man, i've been playing a double buck 4 for about 3 months now! its awesome! i love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you'll love it bro! have fun

4. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    They're bad ass.

5. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i do have to get sum more playing time on one. they are very sweet basses.

then again, so are dingwalls. and spectors. and laklands. and hi end ibanez's. and yamhahas. and..

o dear..

6. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    what he said

7. They're really, really powerful basses, the best in Warwick's line IMO.

8. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    what's the neck like in relation to other warwicks? they always seem like baseball bats to me.

9. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    you know whats better,
    all of my basses!!!
    lol
    nice get it though man.

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    As a Warwick fan, I'm ashamed to say this is the first I've heard of this bass. Is it like Warwick's version of a StingRay?

11. No, it's simply a Corvette with more pickup options.

12. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've really been wanting to get my hands on one. I can imagine it having a thunderous sound.

The only thing I am cautious about, without even having played one, is the lack of space between the humbuckers. I like to play "between" the pickups usually and it doesn't look like much room.

13. see its ideal for me as i always play OVER the pickups, its just awesome for what i do, the bridge pickup sounds super tight and tidy, and the neck pickup is just great for deep tones, its just everything i want. My only quibble is its not a 6 string! :D but maybe one day eh!

14. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    watch out for slap. u gotta get that hand control up. lol.

otherwise, im fine going over pups. its like a built in pup ramp.

15. I was so pumped about the double Bucks, until I played one and realized I just can't handle two MM pickups(same with the stingray double H's).

I have fallen in love with their less wild cousin, the Jazzman though.

16. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Attached Files:

17. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Man.. I completely forgot about these basses! I remember trying one out and really falling in love with it. Fortunately, I had just bought another bass so my GAS was satiated. Those things play so well...

18. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    sexy. they are also amazingly lightweight. i love it. i need to get my hands on one.

do musicman pups fit in the routes?

19. txpitdog

txpitdog

Jan 1, 2006
    I agree! The J-p/up is good for taking some of the bite out of the tone and rounding it into a solid growl. Rolling the tone all the way to MM p/up gives a good sharp bite, but I like it about 2/3 MM, 1/3 J.

....and DR Low Riders are tha **** on these basses.

20. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    the fna s r hawt too. wariwcks rock my socks. and i can get one hell fo a deal on one. i know a guy at GC. its rad.