1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Showing off my Warwick Corvettes..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shaft311, May 27, 2011.

1. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Both are 06 Corvette Standsards that I bought used. $500 each. I bought them seperately.

The Bubinga Corvette has MEC active/passive pickups, and I've switched out the chrome hardware for black, which I think looks much better. It has DR Black Beauties strings on it. They are not as sharp as I like, but are workable for now. I think I'll try some other black strings next time around. I also have a Hipshot Xtender on the B string to get a low A for when that's needed.

The Nirvana Black Corvette is as I bought it: Black hardware and DR HiBeams. I love the way it sounds. It's much more aggressive than the Bubinga model. It has MEC passive Dynamic Correction pickups. I keep it tuned down half a step beacuse that's how our band tunes.

I loves me some Warwicks.

Here are a couple short sound clips I made just to show the sound difference. Both pickup selectors are in the middle, and the tonal controls are both near the middle as well.

Bubinga: www.lxcoupe.com/multimedia/bubingavette.wav
    Ash Nirvana Black: www.lxcoupe.com/multimedia/ashvette.wav

cvtt8l.

2. Dreydier

Dreydier

Apr 26, 2009
    Greenbrook, NJ
    Those look great. I had a ash standard, ended up destroying the finish by the neck cause of all the slapping. Bare wood was showing after about half a year.

3. Nice basses, nice tracks, too.

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice basses - I'm not Warwick guy, but I don't think Ive ever seen a Corvette with dot inlays...looks cool!

5. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Thanks.

Those actually aren't inlays; they are glow dots. I put them on when I first started playing in the dark with stage lights, but I'm used to that now and don't need them anymore. Actually, they didn't really help all that much because I never sufficiently charged them before playing. I may remove them soon.

I'm considering dying the fretboard of the black one black with this: STEWMAC.COM : Black Fingerboard Stain

I think the entire bass being black would look really nice.