1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

shutterbeatle's first post

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by shutterbeatle, Oct 21, 2006.

1. shutterbeatle

shutterbeatle

Aug 10, 2005
    hi everyone,

I joined the forum last year when i was reading up on accessories for the bass --and now I want to be more involved since I'm discovering new things, and would like feedback.

I have two basses:

My first bass is a Squier II Precision Bass. I put on a Hipshot Drop D tuner for the E string, and changed the stock bridge to a Gotoh. I also changed the pickups to Mui Grande. I put covers on the bridge and pickups, and had it set up. It has a beautiful crimson paint job. I love this bass, and still want to do more stuff to it. But I have a problem with the E-string continually breaking. (I'll have a separate post on that)

My second bass is a copy of sorts that I picked up on eBay. It says Fender Jazz bass on it, and has a beautiful fretless rosewood neck with inlays on it. The body is clearly a jazz body, with a horrible black paint job -and two pickups. One of them resembles the Gibson-Epiphone type pickup, and the second pickup is a jazz-pickup, but slanted (I have no reason why). The bridge looks home made. I don't think that Fender ever made this style bass. I am thinking of changing the tuners and bridge. I am also going to strip the black paint off and either stain it or leave a natural finish. But I need to have a playable bass while I do this work --so I want to sort out the issues w/ my P-bass.

ANyways, I hope to learn a lot from here, as well as meet friends, and develop myself as a bassist.

Cheers,

shutterbeatle

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021