1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Signal Routing Pedal Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dabigc5, Feb 10, 2019.

1. dabigc5

dabigc5

Jan 23, 2010
    Chicago Suburbs
    Hey guys,

I’ve been working on revamping my very complicated pedalboard (or so I’m told), and ran into an issue.

I’m trying to run three parallel signals. Signal A is for a Big Muff, Signal B is for a Rat distortion, and signal C is a clean channel. And yes to those of you who noticed, this is an attempt to make my own “Chris Wolstenholme” sound.

I have a Morley ABC to split to my three parallel signals, which works wonderfully. I used to have a Rolls Mini Mixer for combine them all back into one, but liked the idea of using another ABC instead. The Rolls had some issues with power.

Silly me, I didn’t read the instruction manual. Apparently, it is not recommended to have three inputs combined into one output simultaneously with the ABC. And for good reason. I’m getting a ton of hum/squeal from my amp. I also checked out Lehle’s website to see if they had what I need, and couldn’t find it.

So - here is my question. Does anyone know of a pedalboard friendly way to combine three inputs simultaneously, and send to a single output? Links/photos/personal experience would be appreciated.

adi20hz likes this.
  2. adi20hz

adi20hz

Feb 16, 2020
    You might want to take a look at Sound Sculpture's Switchblade 8F. It's a matrix switcher, means you can route any output to any input. But it's pretty expensive...

I think Saturnworks make those kind of blenders, to blend 3 or 4 pedals in parallel. Parallel loop blenders or something...

Other alternative is to get a MOD Duo from MOD Devices. It's a multi fx that let you chain multiple parallel signal chains.

3. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    nw8nwklyqn8ab4sevscb.jpg

gh0st42 and adi20hz like this.
  4. adi20hz

adi20hz

Feb 16, 2020
    doh!! I totally forget this thing!! Yes, I think we have the winner here!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021