Silly Fender combo question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eyescream, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN

I've got a Fender BXR-200 1x15 combo amp that I've had for several years. I just found the manual again and started reading about the inputs on the back panel of the head section, and I'm sort of confused about something.

the back of the amp has line outputs between the heat sink and the effects loop outputs. One of these "line outputs" is a 1/4" connector jack, and the other is some sort of large 3 pronged connector jack.

Here's what the manual says about them:

"LINE OUTPUTS - These two outputs are derived from the speaker outputs, and are at line level, similar to that of the EFFECT LOOP SEND jack. LINE OUT includes the effects of DELTACOMP and CHORUS if selected, and can be used to drive slave amplifiers for more output. It can also be used in the studio, with proper equalization, as a recording output."

I'm curious if I can use one of these line outs to power, say, a 4x10 cabinet. Anybody have some advice?

P.S. if this is somewhere archived, I apologize but I didn't see it when I searched.
  2. The "three prong" connection is known as a balanced line or XLR (standard microphone cable). You would use this (or the unbalanced 1/4'' one) line-out to run to the PA, DI box, mixing console, or to a separate amplifier to drive another cab. You cannot drive another cabinet with this output without using another amplifier (line-out->into amp#2->into cab#2).

3. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I was afraid of that, which is why I wanted to ask before i just ran out and bought a cab and screwed up both pieces of equipment.

'Preciate it, man. I really hate having an excuse to buy some Ampeg stuff now. ;)