1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Silver Mooradian gigbag

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by LyleRyan, Jun 11, 2012.

1. LyleRyan

LyleRyan

Jun 20, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    Has anyone ever used the silver color of Mooradian Delux gigbag? (sold directly & through Lemur)

I'm wondering if it is really useful for it's intended purpose of staying cooler on hot sunny days. Lemur says it's easy to keep clean, which I'm also wondering.

Thanks...Lyle

2. MrSidecar

MrSidecar Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I don't know about their silver bag- but I have a Mooradian Deluxe in what I jokingly refer to as "desert fox"-color: light beige. I assume they use the same material for all their bags, and while I am very happy with the bag itself, it certainly is not "easy to clean". Frankly, my bag looks like s***. I have cleaned it maybe 3 times over the course of 10+ years, and it always involves considerable labor and equally considerable drying time (and occupied shower cabin). But I'm happy with it, because it's the best compromise between being super light and extremely protective.
    As for keeping cool in sunlight, maybe a bit due to color (I would doubt reflection as in alu-foil), but think of yourself- a white winter-coat is still a winter coat, and you wouldn't put it on for a beach trip in July. In other words, avoid sunlight. No matter what.

Best
    Sidecar