1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

single coil... split coil question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bacehead, Jun 26, 2012.

1. bacehead

bacehead

Dec 3, 2008
    I recently sold my MIA jazz and Sting ray as I was just growing tired of the sounds from both and realizing that I really like the sound of a split coil p slapped but am curious about the single coil p basses. I tend to have less highs and bumped mids for my slap sound and am just wondering how the SCPB does for slap compared to a split coil.

Ive read the all around comparisons but I cant find anything on the SCPB being slapped.
    IF its any help I use a GK 112 paired with a Markbass LM II with a MXR dynacomp compressor.
    Any links or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks sands

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    But for slap tone, given that everybody can possibly use everything his own way, IMHO the splitcoil is really the very very very very best

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. I'm interested in seeing the replies to this.

I slap my SCPB occasionally. Not often, as it wears flats, but it's great for slap cuz there's lots of room to get under the strings.

When I had the stock rounds on, it had a pretty good slap sound, but the stock rounds sucked and I moved to flats right away.

4. bacehead

bacehead

Dec 3, 2008
    Looks like IM going to venture into ATL to try out a SCPB this weekend. But i still would like to hear some opinions on this as well....

Id like to see some replies as well, but seems like my threads get over looked...LOL

5. bacehead

bacehead

Dec 3, 2008
    Like always no other replies LOL... anyways decided that the split coil is for me. Tried a couple of jazz bass, p/j, single coil p, and really like the split coil over them all. The P/j had some good tones but really only like the p or p and j mixed didnt care for the j alone.

So between the squier vintage mod p's and a MIM p is there really any difference beside paying for the fender tag?