1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sire 2nd generation basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by safikex, Oct 18, 2018.

1. safikex

safikex

Jan 16, 2011
    Riga, Latvia

What are Your thoughts on this video guys? Any ''big'' changes, except visuals, You can think of? ( except price ) Shame that i bought Sire V3 of 1st generation couple of days ago... Anyway, my GAS still here, looking for a 5 string. Maybe 2nd gen. sire is going to be the one :)

2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Interesting . Looking forward to the new reveal .

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I've owned several Sires, and currently own the P7 and VV7 in 5 string. I don't see any difference in what is being offered today from that video.

4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
  5. Brand established, now time to offer a few more finishes and jack the prices up! Just joking. Sort of.

6. safikex

safikex

Jan 16, 2011
    Riga, Latvia
    Well, video doesnt show anything other than a ''teaser'...

oh, didnt see that one! So there are slight changes after all... my guess was only couple of colours.

7. Original Poser

Original Poser

Nov 24, 2017
    Seattle
    Not many changes on the VV7. But the V7 has a few. Rolled edges, new pickups,.......their website has been updated.

8. safikex

safikex

Jan 16, 2011
    Riga, Latvia
    Also, V3 has new pickups, rolled fretboard edges and wood cover for batteries.

lowdownthump likes this.
  9. BasEd

BasEd

Jun 27, 2017
    Just picked up a Sire VV7 Generation 2 ash/maple 4 string. Weighs 8lb 13oz but some in the shop were heavier. Bought it mail order but got the shop to weigh it first. Very similar to Generation 1 but the neck feels smoother. The real difference is the sound. More clarity and zing. Bass seems deeper and more crisp. You don't realise the Gen 1 is a bit duller until you play the Gen 2 next to it. I love the Gen 1 but the 2 is definitely an improvement. Check out the Anthony Vitti YouTube comparison. He pretty much nails the differences on the video. Have not gigged it yet but will in a few weeks.

10. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm not a single pickup P-bass guy but if Sire ever offered one with that PreAmp, I would be inclined to get one

11. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Well, yeah, kind of, but also keep in mind they also recently announced the M2 and V3 budget lines...

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I believe they addressed the tuners as well. Some were failing.

13. BasEd

BasEd

Jun 27, 2017
    The tuners on the VV7 2nd Generation are silky smooth. Best ones I've had even compared boutique basses I own and have owned.

lowdownthump likes this.
  14. KB5

KB5

Sep 28, 2012
    Some updated info here:

lowdownthump likes this.
  15. KB5

KB5

Sep 28, 2012
    Was hoping for more upper register access on the M series.

Better Access.

16. safikex

safikex

Jan 16, 2011
    Riga, Latvia
    Wont the pre-amp on a P-bass make the precision pickup a little bit pointless..?
    The P pickup gives ''tone'' that is memorable, and i cant even think how the pre-amp will change it...
    Anyways, are there Precision pickups with similar pre-amps? Where you can tweak the lows, mids ang highs? Would like to listen to it...

SpazzTheBassist likes this.
  17. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    On the contrary, I think it can be beneficial: Having an onboard pallette like the Sire Pre to shape that tone (the biggest thing would be to add a Series/Parallel switch) can be beneficial in tweaking for the geometry of a particular stage....... A few probably exist but I cant think of any single pickup P bass like that off the top of my head - which is why I think it would be a good idea......

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  18. safikex

safikex

Jan 16, 2011
    Riga, Latvia
    Yeah, it would be awesome if someone will come up with that kind of idea.. Well, only if it will work properly :) I would definitely try one out out and might consider to buy one, since i am a fan of P bass sound