Six String Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Instrument Pimp, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Okay, I really need some help on this: I'm looking for a six string bass, and I've suddenly decided that I want a fretless. But the other problem is that I can't seem to find any good quality fretless basses that are under six hundred dollars. Does anybody have any suggestions?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Look under fretless for the Brice 6 string V2 fretless.

Here is a pic.

3. Aren't the Mr. Potato sixers under that price, too?

Also, you could probably find a used Carvin LB76F for under $600. A while back, our very own Geshel eBayed his for five bills.
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Your memory of this event is a little disturbing. :p Turns out the guy re-sold it a little later for $600 or so.
  5. Well, hey, I only remember because I expressed interest in buying it.
  6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    OK. :D I actually almost corrected you and said I sold it for $400, but a quick check of my records indicated it was actually $500. Ah I have the memory of a gnat.

/end hijack
  7. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    A used Carvin LB76F is about the best deal I can think of. I sold mine for $475 about 6 months ago. There's nothing I know of that you can buy new for that price and that is as good or better IMO. YMMV.
  8. hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    Hey I sent you a PM.
  9. Okay, so I've heard a lot about these Brice basses, what're they like in terms of quality and features.