1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

six string set for squier jb VI

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by heavyfunkmachin, May 7, 2010.

1. heavyfunkmachin

heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    HI,

I did my serching homework but nothing seemed to come up… here’s the deal:

I’m converting a squier deluxe jazz bass V into a six string… so I need strings!!
    I’m currently using rotosound swing bass roudnwounds on my 4 string jazz bass (.40-.60-.80-.100 and eventually something a bit bigger… I think its like.45-.65-.80-.105) and im looking for a balanced set for my 6 string bass that has similar tension and tone, I enjoy the rotosound tone once it’s been broken… avoiding the initial zing… but not in flatwound territory.

I’m also concern about B string floppyness and the fact that this bass doesn’t have a dual truss rod so I want to avoid possible neck issues… I was thinking about roto’s swing bass 6 string sets, but coudnt find informative reviews plus im afraid once again about b string floppines…

Any experiences? Can you give me a hit or point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

2. put a .30 on top and a .130 on the bottom. It should balance with the 40-100. Be warned, high C strings usually sound pretty thin but are good if you play a lot of solos.

3. heavyfunkmachin

heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    thats it?

no brand talk?

no tiny tone differences?

4. Try Circle K strings.