1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Skateboard backpack for K&M Bass Stand

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by cultrvultr, Oct 8, 2013.

1. I bring my bass stand to every gig. It's one of the newer K&M stands that has lots of sharp corners and awkward angles.

Its a good stand, but I got tired of the stand ripping backpacks and dealing with awkward carrying techniques just to bring it along. The official K&M bag looks like a tight squeeze and is another thing to worry about at the gig.

I just picked up a skateboard backpack. It's got two thick exterior straps that hold the stand on the outside of the backpack pretty well. They don't tighten enough for a snug fit, but it holds pretty well and has room to fit a music stand too.

The great thing is that its built right into a nice backpack that has plenty of room for all of my music, preamp, cables etc. so I can have everything on my back and leave my hands free for my bass. It even has a couple padded pockets for electronics.

Has anybody else tried one of these? I found ebags.com to have a better selection than amazon. I've got a few gigs coming up where I'll be walking about a mile that should be a good test of this system.