slave amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Splatterthrash, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Splatterthrash

Splatterthrash

Feb 10, 2010
    How can I do this with two peavey bass series 400 heads? There is no power in/pre out. Only an input that says booster amp.

2. I use a Lehle splitter to push two amps (that way I still have individual amp control - but if you want to slave your amps - you may be able to run an instrument cord from the effects preamp output jack on the master amp to the effects preamp input jack on the slave amp?

3. that's an old Peavey and may not have a preamp/effects out, not sure, though. Your splitter idea is good, and if there's a second input jack you could also jumper that into the input of the second amp. Done all the time in guitar land.

4. Thanks, I was just going to edit my post.

EDIT: Assuming it has effect send/returns and they don’t break the signal chain.

5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

6. That also changes the load and etc - the splitter is the better way to go.

7. Thanks B-string - your the man. :)

EDIT: if the manual says you can do it that way - then you can.

8. B-string

;)

9. Splatterthrash

Splatterthrash

Feb 10, 2010
    It'd be into an 810e. I just got two of those heads on the cheap. So booster into input on second head would be bad?

10. B-string

Not at all, use the #2 input on the "Normal" channel (that one is for high level signals) unless you want a distorted sound then use the #2 input on the "Distortion" channel

11. Splatterthrash

Splatterthrash

Feb 10, 2010
    Nice! Thanks dude!

12. B-string

No trouble, download the manual from the link and keep it handy for future use. You usually find things you didn't know existed, even in a simple amp head. :)

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021