1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slight problem with BQC System...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Yell03SpecV, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Just got and installed the BQC system into my NS-2 (EMG P/J Set), and I have a little issue. The midrange frequency knob creates a feedback when rolled nearly all the way down. It's like mic feedback, and it's kind of upsetting, but I don't know if I have a defective set, or if it's maybe just an amp setting. Has anyone ever had this problem before? The rest of the controls work just fine, and when the mid-freq is out of that small range, it works perfect.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

never had the problem but I've only bought the controls not the systems cause I didn't want to be limited to use with only EMG pups.

I would contact EMG but a few things that cross my mind are that it has something to do with the system blend control, maybe the knee frequency dips, or is just a wierd interaction between your rig and frequency mix. Maybe also RFI of some variation - electronics in the environment.

3. This wont answer your question:meh: , but did you use your old Jazz Bass knobs? Im looking to add the BQC system to my jazz bass, and i was wondering if the Fender knobs will fit on the pots.

4. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago

I put them in a Spector NS-2A, so using Fender knobs would be fairly unlikely.

Also, an update: pot is scratchy all around. Generally displeased now.

5. Yeah, sorry... I misunderstood. Are the pots split post or not? Thats my real question.

6. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    No. Solid, with one side cut flat, almost a "D" shape.

7. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I have this same preamp/pickup system in my Spector Legend and have never had that problem. Does it matter where you have the mid frequency selection knob set? Does it matter at different volumes through your amp? The only thing I can figure from what you've given us is that a faulty resistor in the preamp may be causing a feedback loop.