Snow Days Rock!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass_is_for_me, Jan 27, 2004.

1. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    I havent had school for 2 days! Its about time we got some snow, it was 50 degrees about a week ago. These last two days I have played bass for at least 10 hours a day. My Toyota Corolla is stuck in a 3 foot drift of snow so I really cant go anywhere. It sucks because my band had to delay practice, but I listened to a couple albums which I don't give the proper amount of play time to. I am gonna go dig out my car and hopefully not end up in a ditch.
  2. "Snow" you say?
    I'm about to head to the beach...:p
  3. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    We get 3-ft drifts of snow all the time... and we never got any snow days... :(

Digging out your car is a daily occurrence here from December to April.
  4. In MD...we have had 2 snow days too.

Yesterday was due to the snow,however today was mainly because of the ice.

Slippery as hell out there!
  5. If we had snow that high here, people would be preparing for armageddon (or rather, hell freezing over)

I've never had a snow day my entire life, but we've had rain days (flash floods like this spot)
  6. yup, we've been out 2 days as well, though we got no snow, only ice...
  7. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I had a fire week when the California fires hit, and we don't have to make them up at the end of the year.:spit:

8. make that 3, tommorow has been cancelled too.
  9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    We use to have that all the time... not much snow over the last few years :confused: :mad:
  10. You know you can rearrange the letters of freedom to spell 'doom' without the "o" :p ?

Snow = money. Oh yea sweet Betsy.
  11. If my request for $3 Million ever comes through I'm covering your town in potatoe flakes.

Potatoe Flakes !
    Almost like snow, but tasty and can be made into mash potatoes !
  12. With gravy... ohh... sweet Jesus ..
  13. *faints*
  14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    You like snow days?
    I hate snow! And I live in Iceland

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

We got a light dusting over here - I was looking forward to more snow - we used to get a lot when I was growing up in the 60s!!

A person I work, with sent me a photo from out his window this morning - to illustrate a telephone conference we were having!! :)

16. have about 5 inches in Amherst Mass. so far and i still have my first day of classes today.:meh:
  17. day 3 of no school here. but the ice is all gone and the temp is +45, ***? :confused:
  18. weve had 1 snow day only and im in canada, weird.
    doesnt matter to me anyway its exam week i get the rest of this week off.