1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So I bought a Warwick.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cammy511, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Now that I'm finally employed I bought my first good bass.

I purchased a fretless Warwick Rockbass Corvette. This thing is great, the pickups sound fantastic the neck is like a toothpick. I cannot find one thing I don't enjoy. This stands up very well to the far more expensive German and Korean models.

yonPH.

XS33V.

VKUpg.

2. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Congrats, enjoy your new bass!

3. Thank you :bassist: and believe me, I am. :D

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Niiice! Congrats.

5. Marihino

Marihino

Mar 25, 2010
    London
    Congratulations! I've owned three german Warwicks over last few years ('94 Streamer Stage I, '06 Streamer LX4 and '09 Streamer LX5) and the new RockBasses never fail to amaze me. In my eyes, they are just less expensive Warwicks with more traditional wood choices and without Custom Shop options.

6. I'm loving that finish. Unlined + matte black = SEXY

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    You made a great choice. I was browsing in Guitar Center several years ago with a co-worker. At one point I grabbed a Corvette since I had never touched a Warwick before and plugged it into the nearest amp (was a cheapie practice amp). As soon as I hit the first note we looked at each other and said "Whoa!!!". It took a while, but I finally got a Warwick about a year ago - an FNA Jazzman.

I haven't completely admitted it to myself yet, but it's pretty much replaced my Stingray as my #1.

8. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Congrats! I've had a couple of RB 'Wicks, and they are IMHO the Best Budget bass you will find.

9. Thanks for the comments guys! I'm tansfering well to fretless too! Lot's of fun, I'm loving the warwick growl too! There are dots on the side but they are only approximate I bought an unlined to force myself to learn fretless lol

10. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Sweet looking bass bro!!!! I personally LOVE Warwicks!!! I have owned 8 (2 Rockbasses; one of which is a fretless). I would never get rid of it!!!! It is one of the best sounding fretless basses I have personally ever heard. Tone for days!!! It is a 2003 Rockbass; antique cream white (that is what I call the color anyway). Unlined, 5 string, and killer tone!!! Congrats on your bass bro!!! I know you will love it!!!
    :bassist::bassist::bassist: