Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so i have a plan...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 3, 2004.

1. so i have this plan to have enough money for my baritone jaguar...i need about 300 people on here to paypal me $1.00.
    i mean, come on people, you can find $1.00 in your couch in change! or if you are really generous, 150 people could paypal me $2.00...or if you are really really generous, you could paypal me $50, and i'd only need 6 of you!

what do ya say? ;)

i was thinking about this walking on campus...if i could have 50 cents from everyone i see...50 cents is pretty cheap that they wouldn't ask for it back right? well, if i ask 400 people, i'd have $200!

:D Charlie

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Whats your paypal address? ill paypal you $1

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Damn! I tried a while back to get people to buy me a Bongo, but somehow you seem to have developed a better marketing plan. My plan didn't work. Don't know why, but I think yours is gonna. I'll happily donate a dollar - with just a little bit of sour grapes! Give us the paypal addy.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If this works, I'm going for that 24 fret Sadowsky 5 I'm drooling over!

5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    *old man voice on*

Get a job slacker!

*old man voice off*

6. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS?!?! :mad:

i actually need to raise money to go on tour with my orchestra. A MUCH MORE WORTHY CAUSE I MIGHT ADD. :bawl:

7. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Post your Fax number. I'll Fax you the $300.

:bag:

8. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll just try to get a dollar from people I see on campus... maybe in a few months I'll have enough saved up for my bass amp. a small one

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i'm so frustrated! STILL!

give ME the $1 and send a double bassist on tour in europe.

10. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I'll send you $1.00 instead of superbassman simply becasue you're prettier and that's the hard cold reality of the way our little world works. Sort of my twisted way of getting back at the fact that I didn't get 1 single cent donated to my bongo!

Ahhhh.... Whoever is the first to post their paypal address will get a dollar donated from me!

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i'm not too sure what a paypal address is, even though i have a paypal account :p

but my esteemed colleague says it's just the email address you signed up with..which is scardebris@aol.com

i'll start my own thread soon. it's actually a noble cause. my orchestra is going on tour for a week next october but i can't afford the first deposit, let alone the full amount :(

12. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Here's a link to resources for grants and such for the arts. It could provide you with the means to get the instrument, or whatever you need.

Here's the link

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I almost choked on my sandwich laughing at this! Great post!

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i am at school 7 days a week, and i have a job! but my earnings from my job pay for my transport, food, school books, instrument upkeep and rent!

15. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Gia. Just tried to paypal you the $1.00 but I can't cuz yer not in the US. Just found out they don't allow that for whatever reason. Oh well... I tried.

Next?

16. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    WHAT?!!!!

bollocks :bawl:

thanks for trying Joe.

17. In H S both my friend and I saved our lunch money every day for all of ninth grade. We Just mooched off every body else. I was starving by the time track practice came aroung but the coach let us load up on free PBJs.

By the time summer came around he had a brand new Ibanez Flying V And I had My 1st Fender jazz. :D

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i tried too

19. Try being a street musician. I know some guys who are getting $300 a DAY, if you can play well and get a good location. Bus stops are bad. Large plazas with mixed audience are good.

Rock on
    Eric

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I sent you a quid Gia, go on tour.