1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So my dad found my cigarettes...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stewart8980, Apr 17, 2010.

1. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    So today I just got a text from my brother saying that our dad found my cigarettes in the car I drive. I know it was incredibly stupid of me to leave them in there, but my dad works in another state and I didn't think he was going to be coming up this weekend. Well, lucky me, he decided to take the car I drive for a spin this morning, and what did he find? My cigarettes.

I'm not going to straight up lie to my parents about them, but I would like to soften the blow. The issue is, that theres only about 1/4 of a pack left, so I can't say I tried them once and didn't like them.

Any ideas?

P.S.- I really don't want to hear anyone tell me how bad smoking is. I've stopped but I had that pack left over and didn't do anything with it. Yes, you may call me stupid.

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Man up and tell the truth.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    hang on I got this one guys.
    FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.MEDIUM.

4. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Damn, why didn't I think of that :(

5. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Yeah, laugh it up. I bet you did stupid stuff when you were 17 too :D

6. I gotta agree with TheDarkReaver. There isn't much else you can do. Saying they're someone else's won't work, you can't say "I only tried it once", there really aren't many options here. Just be honest and hope for mercy.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As much as you don't want to admit it, they know more than you think they do. They've been there, they know what you're doing. Tell the truth, you'll end up in a much better spot. Lie to them, they'll find out eventually, and you'll lose any trust you've built up over time.

8. Smoking is bad, and you only look cool for like the first couple of years. After that your skin gets all leatherie and you smell really icky all the time. Then you die a horrible, painful death. I really don't know what's going on anymore. I'm just talking out my ass now. Bla bla bla unicorns and puppies.... :meh:

9. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I'm afraid mercy is out the question :help:

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Well at least the OP was not as bad as...

[​IMG]

11. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'm sorry,...it's just funny to me since I don't have to worry about these things now that I'm 31.

Just tell him your 17 and you'll do whatever the eff you effin please. That should go over pretty well.

12. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    cancer-old-lady-age-smoking-fail-owned-cigarette-demotivational-poster-1243521787.

13. What the hell does that picture have to do with unicorns and puppies?

14. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    My lazy copying that's what.

15. The only thing funnier than dumb, ignorant people, are dumb ignorant people who think they're cool. wait....

16. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Man up and be straight with him. Lying is something little kids do to get out of trouble.

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    My Dad use to stand there with a cig sticking out of his mouth telling me how bad it was that I smoked. :rollno:

18. Tell your dad you only bought the cigarettes so you could do bottle tokes. Wait, maybe that's just a regional thing here...

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    reading the OP and before seeing replies... first thing in my head was "Man up and tell the truth"

Second thought was to man up and tell him you only smoke when you are drinkin' :cool:

20. tell him you only smoke when you'e drinking. :p