1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So now I do have some money....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LoveMyBass, Nov 4, 2010.

1. LoveMyBass

LoveMyBass

Aug 18, 2009
    Hello fellow 4-to-6-string lovers!

I've been saving the past 5 months, with a certain amount of success, one might say. I now want a new bass guitar that's both great-sounding and fast playing. If I use every penny I've saved up, I might end up spending something between 600 and 800 eur (+/- 900 USdollars, 500 British pounds). When I was new in this whole world of playing bass, I only had a few quit to spend, so the range of affordable basses was considerably smaller. This made choosing my first bass really easy. On this very moment however, I'm totally lost in a mayhem of affordable basses; each and everyone sounding different, playing different and featuring special abilities I've never really heard of.

After a month of comparing, playing, testing and trying, I can say these things for sure:
    - A Fender deluxe P-bass is awesome.
    - Ibanez-basses have the sleekest necks. (in my opinion ofcourse, don't flame)

On this moment, I would probably buy the fender, but I just don't know what the opportunity costs will be... (the things I do not gain by buying the alternative). What would you consider to be my best choice in this case?

Thanks a lot =)

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you want a fender bass but you're on a tight budget, sx basses would be right up your alley. they make excellent fender clones at affordable prices. they are available at rondo music. here's the website.

www.rondomusic.com

3. gitlvr

gitlvr

Nov 13, 2009
    No. Va., USA
    I don't think you could go wrong with the P. Then again, I don't think you could go wrong with anything you really like. As far as what you might miss out on if you bought this instead of that, respectfully, don't fall into that trap. There's a lot of players out there who did. Now they're never quite satisfied with anything. There's always something better just around the corner. If you have the cash to buy, trade, sell, buy, etc., etc., etc., indefinately, that's fine I guess. But if you don't, you're just setting yourself up to never really be totally happy with your gear. The old/ "The grass is always greener on the other side" thing. That is, until you get to the other side. Then you start noticing all the brown spots up close that you didn't see far away, lol.
    If it was me, I'd get the P. But it's not me, it's you. Get the one you like the most. The one you don't want to put down, and play it until it's worn out. MHO.

4. If you like them equally I would say go with the Fender. Having owned several of each, I can tell you there are many more opportunities to upgrade the parts on a Fender later if you end up wanting to change pickups, electronics, hardware, etc.