So um wow

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gilsdorf, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Gilsdorf

Gilsdorf

Feb 14, 2012
    I just picked up a Fender Rumble V3 100 and...wow. Loud and light and sounds amazing, no one was exaggerating the coolness of these new Rumbles at all. Anyone else using these guys?? (And I know, no pics no amp, so here ya go :) ). image.jpeg

tedsalt, AstroSonic and Linnin like this.
  2. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together

Nov 20, 2013
    North Cackalacky
    Cool; I hadn't seen the new Rumbles. Love the vintage look. Enjoy jammin on that rig!

3. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    nice...Is it a toob amp?

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Just 563 of us over at the Fender Rumble Club ;) You're more than welcome to join if you'd like.

Gilsdorf, monsterthompson and murphy like this.
  5. Gilsdorf

Gilsdorf

Feb 14, 2012
    It's actually a boot amp. 3 Timberlands in the pre, 2 Uggs in the power.

(It's a solid state :))

6. Do you like the EQ on the amp at all?

7. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    What size speaker is on this and how heavy is it, and how is it in terms of portability?

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    So instead of retoobing it, you simply reboot? Seems like that would be easy maintenance. :thumbsup:

Cool amp. Enjoy!

Gilsdorf and murphy like this.
  9. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    The new Rumble's get a lot of love here on TB. I don't currently own one, but have spent a TON of time with them at a local GC, it will likely be my next purchase as a backup or "smaller" gig rig. They are fantastic for the price, lightweight, plenty of volume and headroom and a very warm classic tone.

10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    The Fender Rumble 100 combo is 100 D-Class watts @8 ohms into a custom designed Eminence ceramic-ferrite driven 12" woofer. It is a rather diminutive nearly 15" cube that weighs in at a very light 22 pounds. Tone is amazing. Sound Quality is excellent. Deceptively LOUD! Well built with rock solid reliability and a 5 year warranty. Rumble™ 100 (V3), 120V, Black/Silver | Fender Bass Amplifiers

11. Smooth_bass88

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Very cool

Linnin likes this.
  12. Gilsdorf

Gilsdorf

Feb 14, 2012
    I honestly love it. I saw a thread at some point in the last couple days mentioning something about finding the rumbles dark. I've been using an L2K through this in my 3 piece originals band, and I get a pretty solid sound, cuts nicely but still has a nice bottom to it. The eq is pretty darn tootin responsive, I have it set right now to have the bass ever so slightly boosted (like probably about 1230ish), the low mids boosted to about 2 o'clock, hi mids a little more boosted, and the treble flat, with the vintage button on. The overdrive channel on this is also super usable, it can dial in a really nice grind, but I personally prefer the nano double muff that I've been running through it. All in all, for what these cost, I honestly don't think (imho) that you could do better buying new for the same price.

Linnin likes this.
  13. Gilsdorf

Gilsdorf

Feb 14, 2012
    Haven't been on in a couple days, thanks for filling in for me :) but yeah, 12" speaker, weighs about as much as a post holiday dinner dump, but sounds like grandmas dessert. 5/7 would definitely recommend

Linnin likes this.
  14. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    You picked a good one.
    I use a 25 for home practice and a 500 for gigging.

Linnin likes this.
  15. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

If the OP wouldn’t mind I’d like to ask @Smooth_bass88 an off topic question. You show a Jazz in your avatar I was wondering if you could confirm that the neck and bridge pickups are different sizes? I bought a Jazz clone body via Ebay and the pickup routings are different sizes. Many thanks for the reply and for the indulgence of the OP. :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  16. Smooth_bass88

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    That's a Lakland Joe Osborn (4460) bass and yes, I do believe that the 2 pickups are indeed different sizes. That's pretty much the standard with all J style basses in the world- although there are some exceptions. Early MIM Fender Standard series Jazz basses have the exact same size routs. I know this because my '99 Fretless MIM Jazz has this going on with it. I ended up having to force the replacement bridge pickup into the route. It wasn't really a huge issue but it was kind of a pain in the rear (no pun intended). I'm glad Fender changed this issue.

17. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I do play Jazz style instruments, Warwick and Carvin, and those all have equally sized pickups so I made an assumption. :(

I’m putting a bass together for some kids who showed interest when they came and saw my collection. It was going to be a Christmas present for them but this issue deflected me. I carved the offending route out with a Dremel so both pickups now fit. :) I’m just waiting on the neck plate and control plate/cover and it’ll be done.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

A happy new year to one and all. :D

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021