1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*SOLD* 1940's Epiphone B4 Upright

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by ASBass, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASBass

ASBass

Mar 11, 2007
    Ohio
    For Sale: Epiphone B4 blonde upright bass, serial number 1202 which I think makes it a late 40's model. The serial number is located under the bass side tuner plates. It has a long ago neck repair. That area of the neck was painted black at that time. I thought about removing the black but never got around to it. The bridge has walnut adjusters from Dustin Williams' shop in Nashville. It has a Clef tailpiece cord, and is strung up with Innovation Super Silvers. The finish is original and is a gorgeous aged blonde, the fingerboard is thick beautiful rosewood. It has a huge beefy sound. Asking $2000. Located in eastern Ohio.
    See slideshow....

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd172/kayasbass/1952 Epiphone/?albumview=slideshow

2. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Like I said in my PM, I'm just a couple of "if onlys" away from taking a look at this beautiful bass - and possibly owing it. Here's a free bump for you - someone needs to buy this!

3. PM sent.

4. OP didn't add any comment when he closed the thread so I assume it sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.