1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

soldering questiom

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by maidenlennium, Mar 21, 2013.

1. maidenlennium

maidenlennium

Jan 14, 2012
    hello

i removed the pick guard from my signature steve harris bass,hope to meet him upcomming weekend at the gigs,so he can sign it for me.
    while remove the turn knobs i found out one cable was loose.dont know where to soldering it on,it is the black cable in the middle.
    hope some one can help me thanks

martin reedijk

Attached Files:

2. frianbisher

frianbisher

Dec 28, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Solder that wire to the back of the volume pot and you should be good to go.

3. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    yep +1

4. maidenlennium

maidenlennium

Jan 14, 2012
    ok great thanks for the info.
    up the irons!!

martin

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Have him sign the bass ON THE BACK! Nothing is more ridiculous than seeing a bass player on stage with a bass all scribbled with names on it. On the back of the head is the best place. That way you can spray something on it to preserve the signature, but still PLAY the bass on stage.

Just sayin'.

6. maidenlennium

maidenlennium

Jan 14, 2012
    haha you are right! but i'm not a bass player,only collecting.i got also the signature stratt.