1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something Dark Is Coming...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by pianoandbass, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Ever since the end of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, I've been mitigating my withdrawl by listening to the outstanding soundtrack by Bear McCreary. One tune on there that I've been listening to non-stop for the last two days is from the Season 2 OST called Something Dark Is Coming. You can hear it at:

The bass in this, while not that difficult to play, is like pure butter and that bright guitar sound is like icing on top. I don't know how else to describe it, but it sets such a fantastic stage in the mind.

All that said, I'm wondering two things:

1. Any ideas on what equipment the bassist might be using for this?
    2. (Much more importantly) Can anyone recommend other artists, both mainstream and independent, Youtube or iTunes or a corner of the web, similar to what's being played here?

Thanks!

2. Go onto myspace and look up Sleepmakeswaves, they play similar music and are absolutely awesome, I think you would like them.

3. Thanks for the suggestion, they're pretty cool though a bit faster than what I had been looking for. Still, I think I'll keep listening to/for them.

I've also had Mogwai, Godspeed You Black Emperor and the like suggested to me, but I'm still curious: what's the bass setup in my original link?