1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something interesting I read about Hendrix..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassist15, Mar 27, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I discovered Hendrix a few years back , and after listeing to him I started listening to classic rock , blues , jazz , funk , old R&B . So my influences alwasy lead back to him. Ive read many books about him . But I was reading a top 100 guitarists magazine and at the bottom they had a "Did you know" thing for everyone , and for Hendrix it said " Did you know Jimi hendrix was in an early form Of the band Parliament but quit becasuse he didnt liek the uniforms or things they had to wear. I tried looking this up on the interent but I couldnt find a thing.

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    He didn't wait long enough. I believe they quit on that uniform thing...

3. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Has anyone else heard abotu Hendrix & Pariliament . And with the uniforms im not sure . I was thinking they ment the very strange clothing most of the guys in the band used to wear . Liket he space looking outfits. Hendrix & PAriliament couldve have been awesome , and definelty kicked out some great tunes.

4. Hendrix quitting that band was probably the best thing he could've done.