Soul Coughing

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by soundwavelove, Jan 14, 2006.

1. soundwavelove

Oct 8, 2005
    This is the band that got me into upright. I'm not sure how many of you guys listen to them, but they're one of those great bands that only has great songs, and maybe a few rare songs that are only ok. The bassist always plays an upright. A great example of how upright can be used for rock.
    WhackJob likes this.
  2. FrankSumatra

Jan 5, 2008
    is name is Sebastian Steinberg If I can spell it right, and has a profile on Bass Player website.He's one of my favourite band of the 90's. Doughty (singer/guitar) is awesome too (not to mention the 2 others guys) and still reach to perform an understandable yet really sophisticated ( in the good sense of the term) rock band.

Steinberg is amazing . Still I have to listen to his most recent contributions from his band after Soul Coughing.

Besides, keep an ear on What Andrew 'Scrap' Livingstone is currently playing with Mike Doughty on their Live touring (bummer, I am not an USA resident, only from France). a new album is coming on Feb, 19th on ATO records.

A subliminal message for all users : Buy some old Soul Coughing's Irrestible Bliss, Ruby Vromm or El Oso L.P's. These are gems and they still are 'masterworks-on-LSD-of-the-90's'.

To get the subject, I got a fretless for that too. Maybe the upright come later If I have room enough in my flat :)
  3. WhackJob

Oct 2, 2014
    Syracuse, NY
    I just found this band. These guys are great!