Soundblaster X-FI and Sony acid

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sippy, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Okay. I'm building a very small home studio just so I can record my practice sessions,save them, and then play them back the next day and critique myself. I went out and bought these killer speakers, the Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum soundcard; which comes with the remote control and console that fits in a drive bay.
    I also bought the Sony Acid Studio software. Before I bother with learning the software, since the manual is pretty thick! hehe. I want to make sure my new hardware works. The soundcard is working great, the speakers sound AMAZING, but I don't know if the console is working or not. I press plugged headphones into it and they worked great; but the remote control didn't adjust the volume or anything. I even hit the power button and nothing happened.
    Could somebody with maybe a similar setup help me out and try and explain how I can plug my bass in and test it out really fast? not to even record I guess just to play through the PC maybe. It will take me a while to get to use this stuff, and I don't want to wait until I'm ready to really use it, to find out it doesn't work and then it's too late for me to return it. Thanks a lot guys!
    By the way, what do you think about my setup, for what I want to use it for?