1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sounds like a great deal!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zacholistic, Jul 29, 2012.

1. zacholistic

zacholistic

Jul 25, 2012
    Denmark
    Hi

Some days ago i was offered a used Genz Benz GBE 1200 amp and a GB 610T-XB2 cab for a total of 1075 US$!

This sounds really cheap to me - especially here in Denmark where music gear commonly is about 20-30 % more expensive than in the states.

Dont know so much about this amp and cab cuz no music store in Denmark is running this brand.

should i take the deal?

2. yes!!! i got a gbe 600 and 4x10 for a grand and love it. i would take that deal in a heartbeat!

3. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Yes!

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

I had the GBE-1200 and it is an AMAZING amp! I could dial in any tone I wanted with it and the footswitch setup was really useful. Having tried both, I would prefer the GBE-1200 to the Aguilar DB-750! The only drawback for me was the weight - I now have a Shuttle 6.0 and a Streamliner 9.0 (and a Glockenklang HeartCore that seldom leaves the house).

Genz Benz speakers have also sounded really good to me.

The GBE-1200 sells used here in the United States for $800, so that is a good deal.

Dan K.

5. zacholistic

zacholistic

Jul 25, 2012
    Denmark
    Thx for the info guys! sounds great

6. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    That's a pretty good deal, If you PM me the serials I could tell you as much history on it as we have. XB2 are a bit older so special attention to the drivers, who knows how hard they were played before you.

7. zacholistic

zacholistic

Jul 25, 2012
    Denmark
    That would be awsome:) I'll PM you in a week or so with the serials