1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Dec 7, 2018.

1. i am extremely excited for this pedal. Does the gate knob give it a synthy gated quality?

Here are the specs-
    The Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi provides:
    1. MIDS EQ – Parametric MIDS EQ section with a selectable center frequency ranging from 310Hz to 5.0kHz, a level control with up to 10dB of boost or cut and a high/low Q switch that sets the resonance/bandwidth of the EQ
    2. FOOTSWITCH for MIDS EQ – Dedicated on/off footswitch with status LED for the MIDS EQ circuit
    3. GATE – Noise gate to remove unwanted hiss and hum
    4. BLEND – Mix control for the dry and distorted signals. Enables bass players to retain their signal’s low end; also useful when layering in other distortion pedals
    5. WICKER– With the switch up, high frequency bandwidth is opened up for a more pronounced attack. Switch down yields the traditional Green Russian sound.
    6. EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT – sweeps the frequency of the MIDS EQ to create wah wah and cocked wah effects
    7. TRUE BYPASS – maintains signal path integrity in bypass mode

gregmon79 likes this.
  2. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I don't think we'll know until it is released. I pre ordered mine, but so far have gotten no updates on shipping.

Driven Crane and jazznrick like this.
  3. RockDoc

RockDoc

Jan 5, 2007
  4. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    My Prymaxe pre order shipment just went out. Should have it possibly tomorrow, but definitely Monday. Will report back.

zapped777 and jazznrick like this.
  5. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Now watching for your review. No pressure. :woot:

2010P, zapped777 and Driven Crane like this.
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I saw a demo of this pedal recently...it sounded pretty cool.

7. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Mine comes today. Prymaxe got it out quick. Less than two weeks for the pre-order.

Robertron and jazznrick like this.
  8. rjovin

rjovin Supporting Member

May 27, 2011
    tampa, fl
    Ordered one yesterday, got tracking number this morning and guaranteed delivery by Friday.
    I did buy it from a place in Georgia and I live in Florida so barring any xmas log jams in shipping I'm hoping to have by Wednesday night practice.
    I'm kinda exited!

jazznrick likes this.

9. A great video for anyone on the fence

gfen and Robertron like this.
  10. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Damn that pedal has quite a few sweet spots!

11. rjovin

rjovin Supporting Member

May 27, 2011
    tampa, fl
    I got my sovtek on Wednesday and spent about 5 minutes with it before practice that night, tweaked it a bit more at practice and thought it sounded good.
    Now that I've spent a few more days with it, got my expression pedal all hooked up, I frickin love this thing! Can't wait till next practice.

Robertron and jazznrick like this.