1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaker Box and Add. Speaker Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by middleman, Apr 22, 2009.

1. middleman

middleman

Apr 2, 2009
    I built a sealed box using this speaker

Kustom
    Model: SRO15
    Cast Aluminum Frame
    3" Edge Wound Copper Voice Coil
    8 Ohm 80 Oz. Magnet
    200 W. Continuous

I have two questions:

1.) Anyone have any info on the interior volume that the box should be for this speaker. I can give you the depth of the speaker if you need it. I have already checked in the WinISD Beta program and could not find this speaker in the list?

2.) I'm running a Shuttle 6.0 so i figured that I would add another box to it and run it at 4 ohms. Any suggestions for which type of speaker to use, I think I want to add a 12. I'm not looking to sink a ton of money but I would like to check out my options. I have also checked out Bill Fitzmaurice's page and those cabinets are quite wild looking.

This is more like a prototype but it is functional, close enough for jazz. The interior dimensions are 22.5 (l to r) x 20.5 (top to bot.) x 14.25 (f to r)

Any help would be great!

BassAmp.

BassnBox.

2. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    but youve already built the cabinet............

3. middleman

middleman

Apr 2, 2009
    Yes, I realize this but I built it before I knew about box tuning and all the techinical stuff. So now I am wondering how close this is to being at its peak performance. If it is way off I can always pull the speaker and build another box for it. I built the box for fun as a summer project.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Depending on the vintage it may be an EV SRO, thought that same title was applied to first generation EVMs as well. In either case I wouldn't invest in a cabinet for it, as there are many twelves available now that will seriously outperform it in a smaller cabinet size at half the net weight.